Crossfire | Weeknights @ 6:30 pm ET on CNN

Join the debate

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire
on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

July 16th, 2014

Outrage: It's hard to break up with Comcast

S.E. Cupp is 'outraged' over a recent viral call with a Comcast employee.

1. Jim Bob

This is more fake news. The customer service representative told him to cancel his service, just take your equipment to the local office. The caller kept making excuses why he didn't want to take his equipment in just so the rep would keep talking.
    Sure, he was annoying to listen to, but he was trying to convince the guy to stay. The customer was told by him ' I can't cancel service here'. He was asking a man to cancel his service who wasn't able to. he was calling the wrong person.
    This was so set up, and then dragged out.

July 20, 2014 at 5:59 pm | Reply
    • janet walsh

I listened to the recording – the rep kept insisting that the customer give him a better reason for leaving Comcast. I have Comcast and get the same thing. Everytime I call about a problem (slow internet, no picture, cable out, etc – and these are pretty frequent) the rep starts pushing me to sign up for more Comcast services. Comcast is a monopoly in my area so I have to use them but there is a very good reason why it ranks so low in customer satisfaction. If the rep couldn't cancel the service, he should have immediately transferred the call to someone who could instead of insisting that the customer give him a better reason for leaving "the #1 provider".

July 21, 2014 at 10:57 am | Reply
      • Adele

I disconnected from Comcast, and yes they don't let you go w/o a fight. I have roku now it is the best thing I have ever done. Now if I can just get out of Verizon......

July 22, 2014 at 4:22 pm |
  2. alek

I wish they would post a transcript of these things. I want to read something - I hate how all these links are movie clips. I am not here to watch movies and listen to advs. Now I will click away....

July 20, 2014 at 4:02 pm | Reply
  3. Observer

"Why are "conservative" people so darned angry all the time? There has to be a connection between unhappiness and conservative....I mean watch TV news...all the conservatives are hateful, angry, unhappy people"

You're just misunderstanding the situation. It is the liberals that are so angry all the time. Look at them call the tea party names, continue to froth at the mouth over Bush. I think it is all their focus on trying to cover-up Obamas numbers scandals, justify his Liar of the Year award, rationalize his disastrous foreign policy, and hide the incompetence of the President voted the 'Worst President since World War II' by a significant margin. I guess when your signature program just made things more expensive, you've driven up debt, and you're about to lose another house in congress and your president jumps from scandal to failure to scandal, you realize that you supported incompetent liars with failed ideas and cognitive dissonance sets in, resulting in the feeble anger you see from frustrated liberals here.

July 19, 2014 at 1:19 pm | Reply
  4. America1st

And the FCC okays Comcast near monopolies in almost every market. Nice going – we are grateful to Senator Warren for pushing through the Consumer Protection Bureau. We have a chance at least to call someone who cares now.

July 18, 2014 at 9:06 pm | Reply
  5. Mark

Why are "conservative" people so darned angry all the time? There has to be a connection between unhappiness and conservative....I mean watch TV news...all the conservatives are hateful, angry, unhappy people.

July 18, 2014 at 3:45 pm | Reply
    • Hector Slagg

Gee Mark,
      I thought you knew. Liberals want to run the country but they want the conservatives to pay for it. Just today, they want to let all those flooding the southern border to stay but the tax Payers will foot the Bill. Hope you have lots of money Mark.

July 19, 2014 at 9:19 am | Reply
      • Really

Really Slagg? You're not footing anyone's bill. You're poor. It more likely that I'm footing your bill because you are on SS and Medicare. You're poor and you vote against your own interests when you vote GOP. The GOP want to cut your SS and Medicare benefits.

July 21, 2014 at 1:53 pm |
      • countingdown

Really

July 21, 2014 at 1:53 pm |

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
        "The GOP Solution" its been a while since you used the ole "your poor" sh it.
        Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
        Why didn't you use it as the comment name like you normally do?
        Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

****************** BTW, WHY DO DO STILL HATE POOR PEOPLE? **********************

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 21, 2014 at 5:35 pm |