Crossfire | Weeknights @ 6:30 pm ET on CNN

Join the debate

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire
on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

July 14th, 2014

Racism directed at the President

Paul Begala brings up some of the racism the President has had to endure in light of Attorney General Eric Holder's recent comments. Holder said he sees "racial animus" in strident Republican opposition to some Obama administration policies. Newt Gingrich, Tim Phillips and Neera Tanden debate.

In the Crossfire: the Perry, Paul duel
Paul Begala and Newt Gingrich debate Gov. Perry and Sen. Paul's dueling op-eds with Tim Phillips and Neera Tanden.

Gingrich outraged Israel under attack
Newt Gingrich is outraged that Israel is under attack and Paul Begala agrees with him.

Posted by
Filed under: 2016 • Debates • Eric Holder • Israel • Neera Tanden • Newt Gingrich • Outrage of the Day • Paul Begala • Politics • Race • Rand Paul • Rick Perry • Tim Phillips
  1. christine

This is for Newt Nader the Traitor: You single-handedly pushed for Romney to lose and you brought a second term of the Man of Perdition on us. You and Crowley both. Hope you're happy with your results.
    2 thessalonians 2:
    11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

July 26, 2014 at 8:39 pm | Reply
  2. countingdown

Race bating by cxx, holder, Reid, Pelosi, Obama. Typical Obama politics. They can't defense their colossal failures so divert, divert, divert!

July 19, 2014 at 11:32 am | Reply
    • countingdown

BTW , what happened to the parent article: crossfire.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07/14/racial-animus-towards-holder-and-obama.

July 19, 2014 at 11:36 am | Reply
  3. monk johanan

http://youtu.be/yhMta_aCtyo the white house in arabic has been "baptized" to the spoken on camera praise of who? not God but "allah" ....BUT notice how obama does never defend the oppressed and martyrdoms of christians in the middle east??? think about it... what would reagan have done? wake up america! obama has just done the worst snow job ever pulled off – the treason of the new millenium!!!

July 18, 2014 at 8:38 pm | Reply
  4. mickey

has anyone besides myself noticed lately that only dems,liberals,minorities,gays and illegal aliens can have an opinion in this country. everyone else is wrong or a racist. I voted for Obama because I thought no one could be as bad or worse than bush. well I was wrong and I am sorry I voted for the disaster we now have in the white house.

July 16, 2014 at 4:34 pm | Reply
  5. The GOP Solution

The GOP Prayer/Mantra/Solution: Dear God...With your loving kindness, help us to turn all the Old, Sick, Poor, Non-white, Non-christian, Female, and Gay people into slaves. Then, with your guidance and compassion, we will whip them until they are Young, Healthy, Rich, White, Christian, Male, and Straight. Or until they are dead. God...Grant us the knowledge to then turn them into Soylent Green to feed the military during the next "unfunded/off-the-books" war. God...Give us the strength during our speeches to repeatedly yell........TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH!!!..........and........GET RID OF SS AND MEDICARE!!!
    In your name we prey (purposely misspelled, or is it?)........Amen

July 16, 2014 at 11:53 am | Reply
    • Kyle

What a totally moronic statement that generalizes over 40% of the US population. People like you are the problem with America.

July 16, 2014 at 5:28 pm | Reply
    • countingdown

Ha, ha, ha, you we slammed again! Ha, ha, ha_ the copy/paste master! Still can't come up with anything new?

July 19, 2014 at 11:21 am | Reply
      • countingdown

Oops, laughing so hard I misspelled (were). Oh well! At least I didn't copy/paste like "The GOP Solution" ha, ha, ha.

July 19, 2014 at 7:44 pm |
  6. TJ

Ask yourselves these tough questions....... Who here thinks that Obama would have beaten Hillary and won the presidency if he were white? What does the answer to that question say about race in the US?

July 16, 2014 at 11:17 am | Reply
    • Who here

Who here actually voted for Sarah Palin? What does that say about education in the US?

July 16, 2014 at 11:55 am | Reply
      • TJ

Nice try WHO. Way to avoid the question all together and try to go off topic with a lame analogy that implies someone who make 100 time more money than you stupid. What does that say about you?

July 16, 2014 at 12:28 pm |
      • Greg Kells

Nobody voted for Palin, just like Nobody voted for Biden, they just came with the candidate of your choice. Personally I can't stand Palin and think McCain made a huge mistake. I can't stand Biden either but think Obama chose him wisely, as an insurance plan. Nobody wants that dimwit anywhere near the button.

July 16, 2014 at 2:40 pm |
      • countingdown

Ha, ha, ha, "The GOP Solution" you got slammed again! Ha, ha, ha!

July 18, 2014 at 9:54 pm |
  7. Caleb Taursus

Holder is not only a white hating racist but also a coward and liar.

In his and Obama's twisted world, to be against them is to be a racist. I guess that means Hillary is/was a racist also, right, sissy liberals!

July 15, 2014 at 9:41 pm | Reply
    • kurt

Opposing someone's policies is not racist.

Trying to paint them as a muslim as a way to "legitimately" dislike them, or claiming they're not a US citizen despite the documented fact they are IS racist. It's just 21st century racism where saying "I hate you because of your skin color" is not acceptable, but claiming they're muslim or inelligble due to birth is okay.

It's identity politics and it is and always has been discriminatory. The way it works is you paint your opponent's IDENTITY as something "unwanted". You constantly call them "not like us" or "not part of the real america" or say "he's against people like you and me". The point is to set them apart so that they can be viewed as "different" and thus acceptable for scorn.

This is how racism and other forms of discrimination work. This is why people who start to have close relationships with those of other races or cultures or sexual orientations often become much less discriminatory those groups... because they can't view them as something "different" anymore. This is also why nationalism is such a problem... because that's essentially the point when identity politics wins totally... you have to be a part of their group or you're an enemy (Ethnic russians over in eastern europe, or "real americans" here in the US). And that leads to the majority of world conflict and wars that our planet has.

You can say it's not racism if you want... but it's still discriminatory, identity based politics rather then talking about policy. And it's not a good thing at all.

July 16, 2014 at 8:26 am | Reply
      • Richard

You are entitled to your opinion, but what I hate is that I took the time to read your post which is my opinion is more foolishness that valuable insight or thought. Monty may be right, you may need professional help. BUT, know this, I disagree with you, but I don't know who you are, where you are from or what you skin color is and I don't hate you or even dislike you. I just don't agree with you.

July 16, 2014 at 1:32 pm |
      • Greg Kells

Just an FYI, that came from the Hillary campaign. Internal emails from the campaign between Hillary and Mark Penn (her strategist) show that her strategy against Obama was precisely what you describe. While they made those assertions implicitly, some of her more vocal supporters made them explicitly. I'm not saying that to excuse the hacks from the GOP who ran with it, but I think it's important to realize that it isn't restricted to one party or ideology.

July 16, 2014 at 2:56 pm |
      • kurt

Richard, the whole point of my post is that there is no problem with disagreeing with me (or Obama, or anyone else).

But when you stop disagreeing with what someone says or does and instead disagree with their identity, it becomes a problem.

If you think my ideas are stupid... fine. I actually welcome discussion on issues and I'm open to changing my opinion.

But if you hate me because of the color of my skin, the religion I hold, my gender, my age or just because "I'm a liberal" (which means different things to different people), then you aren't disagreeing with anything I say, opinions I express or actions I take... you're disagreeing with WHO I AM.

And that is the root of racism,sexism, and all other forms of discrimination.

July 17, 2014 at 11:20 am |
      • countingdown

kurt
        I must admit I had been confused by your extreme liberalism. But no longer, because in your comment on the crossfire article "'Racial animus' towards Holder and Obama?" came your bias. All along, in your relentless liberal postings, you were not providing logical defenses of Obama's policies but excuses for his failures. Obviously, you have been masking your prejudices against conservative values under cover of politics when the truth of your hate lies within. This whole perception that Republicans and independent conservatives are against blacks in general and obama because of skin color is misguided and totally wrong. You have been programmed to believe this untruth by the liberal media and the constant barrage of extreme left views. What conservatives do believe is self responsibility instead of the liberal doctrine of government dependency.

Sadly, Obama has chosen to align himself with one race, rather than being the President to all races. Although, and this is my opinion only, it is my suspicion he perceives himself to be greater than MLK and Nelson Mandela and expects to displace them in status with the black community. Nevertheless, obama has done much harm to race relations with his administrations divisive rhetoric and persistent effort to enable continued dependency on government. I am certain you will continue your relentless assault on freedom because of the hate you appear to be harboring. So be it, conservatives have been dormant for the last few years but are waking up, along with center leaning right/left and independents. So continue your bias rants and liberal nonsense, soon we will be counting down to 2016 and in 2017 begin the process of returning freedom back to Americans.

July 20, 2014 at 10:42 am |
  8. george t hibbs

The playing of the race card allegation by Holder is simply an attempt to divert true and just criticism of this president by making any such criticism racist. Guess what, it is not working. Obama is not a leader, cannot build partnership with his opponents, and will never be effective.

July 15, 2014 at 8:29 pm | Reply
  9. mickey

if I am not mistaken the man in the white house is 1/2 white and 1/2 black. so you can`t use the race card.

July 15, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Reply
    • kurt

America still pretty much uses the "one drop rule" method of classification. It was law back in the 1800's but it's still in our culture today.

Of those that identify themselves as black, the average is 18% white ancestry. (that means out of 128 5XGreat-grandparents, 22 would by white)

Of those that identify themselves as white, the average is .7% black ancestry (that means out of 128 5XGreat-grandparents, one would be black)

Based on a 2002 genetics study from Penn State.

"One-Drop" isn't law... but it's still a big part of how people are identified.

July 16, 2014 at 8:36 am | Reply
      • Ken

Very enteresting. Perhaps in would be useful, if you examined actual numbers instead of percentages
        and then PROJECT those numbers to derive an estimate of how each category will change – with more
        children ariving from one grouping in comparison to another, (another way to ask how long before humans are all purple!)

July 17, 2014 at 1:24 am |
  10. Mason

The biggest racists are the ones that always throw out the race card. They start losing and argument and race is interjected into the conversation. If someone starts using race in politics its a way to divert and stop discourse. Does anyone really know any racists anymore?? It gets ridiculous.

July 15, 2014 at 3:02 pm | Reply
    • fusufusu

Do you live under a rock??? I know personally at least 50 racist people. My in-laws country club is full of them not only racist but super anti-Semitic also..

July 15, 2014 at 6:18 pm | Reply
  11. 3patrick17

I find it amazing everyone that describes President Obama, identifies him as African American or as Black, when in fact he is bi-racial; half back/half white. But let's not discuss or mention his white half; it fits no racist agenda. This government and the media have one intention and one intention alone; to keep racism alive and not allow any growth or advancement by AMERICA and to continue to fuel the fires; weather lit or not !!!

July 15, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Reply
    • fusufusu

They identify him that way because of his physical appearance. I am blonde with blue eyes and have a Cuban mother so no one ever says I am Latin..if I was dark they would call me Latin.

July 15, 2014 at 6:21 pm | Reply
  12. Steve

Newt Gingrich called President Obama the food stamp President when he was campaigning in South Carolina. Why do you think he did that ? I could have something to do with food stamps and black people ya think?

July 15, 2014 at 12:39 pm | Reply
    • rmw

Uh, no ... it probably had something to do with the fact that under the idiot regime, the number of Americans on foodstamps has skyrocketed. Being the racist you are, however, you assume majority blacks on foodstamps, whereas in reality the majority of foodstamp recipients is white.

July 15, 2014 at 10:09 pm | Reply
      • southerngent

Um NO! When we look at demographics only 7% Whites are on food stamps and 24% Blacks are on food stamps and even that number is not a true statement because it doesn't count the number of people collecting assistance who is living in a mixed house holds, such as, a white woman/male collecting ebt but living with a black person.
        But, the truth actually lies with the increase under Obama.

July 21, 2014 at 6:56 pm |
    • Kyle

You just showed your embedded racist nature. You associate food stamps with black people, that makes you the racist that you are. Gingrich never said anything or implied anything about race, just that more people are on food stamps, which is just a fact.

July 16, 2014 at 5:31 pm | Reply
  13. emskadittle

what i find crazy is this i am rubber you are glue tactic of the republicans, If i call out a some one for being racist somehow i am the racist. that didn't work when we were children and it doesn't now

July 15, 2014 at 11:53 am | Reply
    • Big Cliff

And what does this have anything to do about this video. Food stamp usage in this country has more than doubled under his Presidency. Newt didn't lie and I'm sorry if it is offensive to you that someone wishes to curb wasteful spending but can you stay on point. A whole tribe of people are about to be blown off the map because their leaders, Hamas, want's to resort to terror to prove a point and you seem to think we should be concerned about Newt's beliefs or non-beliefs on racial issues.

July 15, 2014 at 3:46 pm | Reply
  14. BigTex

Why on earth would any "true" American be racist towards the first black president of the United States? We're not known for that are we? This is the land of the free & home of the brave right?

July 15, 2014 at 11:52 am | Reply
  15. kurt

That was a fine job of the conservatives on the panel ot getting the conversation off topic to not talk about if there's a significant chunk of their voters who oppose Obama due to race or using race as a way to express their dislike.

Bring up Clinton's comments on wealth. Bring up obama saying something about photo ops. But don't address the extremely small portion of the large number of race based attacks on the president that Begala presented.

Changing the subject to avoid talking about something that makes you look bad is a standard political ploy... but it doesn't change the fact that the issue is there and there is evidence showing it is there.

-The birther movement (classic case of trying to make him "not be one of us" which makes it okay to hate him because of his race without mentioning race or focusing on an actual policy).
    -Calling him a muslim (another classic case of the "not one of us" technique)
    -Political cartoons and images showing Obama and his family as monkeys, Aunt Jemima or Uncle Ben.

Here are some specifics:
    -Rush Limbaugh talking about government food safety regulations: "Might have to put that off until Obama's out of office, but they'll eventually go after Oreos."
    -Limbaugh again: "They're finally hearing me. 'He's an angry black guy.' I do believe that about the president. I do believe he's angry. I think his wife is angry."
    -Limbaugh again: "In Obama's America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering, 'Yay, right on, right on, right on, right on' "
    -Glen Beck: "Everything getting pushed through Congress - including this health care bill - is transforming America. And it's all driven by President Obama's thinking on one idea: reparations. ... He believes in all the 'universal' programs because they ‘disproportionately affect' people of color"
    -Brent Bozell: “How long do you think Sean Hannity’s show would last if four times in one sentence, he made a comment about, say, the President of the United States, and said that he looked like a skinny, ghetto crackhead? Which, by the way, you might want to say that Barack Obama does."

But yeah... there's almost no racial component to the opposition to Obama... now let's talk about Hillary's wealth or Obama and photo ops!

July 15, 2014 at 10:23 am | Reply
    • Silverback

Kurt, you're making it seem like everyone who doesn't like Obama as a President is just like Glenn Beck and Limbaugh. I'm a Republican and I think Obama has done a horrible job, at the same time, I think Beck and Limbaugh are morons. Yet, every time I have a political discussion with people about Obama and I point out his flaws, I'm called a racist. It's almost as if I'm not allowed to question what he's doing or even have an opposing viewpoint. Thinking about some of the things that have happened during his Presidency – The Bengahzi screw up, the IRS scandal. the Bergdahl prisoner exchange, the Obamacare rollout – these were major malfunctions of his presidency. If these same things happened to Bush or Clinton, the negative press would eat them alive and everyone would agree. Yet, Republicans don't like these things and we're all racists. People are defending the Obama by using the race card and it is completely unjustified and unfair

July 16, 2014 at 11:29 am | Reply
      • kurt

I've never heard race come into the discussion when people talk about facts regarding the IRS issues or Benghazi.

With Obamacare... yes. The main reason being that the GOP establishment was behind this type of plan when Clinton was president... the initial proposal for Obamacare was in large part the GOP alternative to Hillary Clinton's health care proposal when Bill was president. Many people were trying to find a reason why the GOP was so in favor of it then and so against it now... and the only answer they could come up with was that they had something against the person making the presentation rather then the law itself. That was made to seem much more reasonable when you look at the immagery of those opposing Obamacare. Many signs at anti-obamacare rallies and tea-party events were horribly racist.

Now I'm sure there are some that disagreed with the GOP proposal in the 90's and disagreed with Obamacare as well... but when the people in your "anti obamacare tent" act like racists, your message gets lost in that. You have to acknowledge the racists are there and get them out if you don't want your message tainted by them.

But Benghazi and the IRS... I haven't seen much in the way of racism claims regarding those unless someone uses a racist tactic like saying Obama let those in Benghazi die because he's a muslim. Yeah... that's going to get a racist label... because it is racist. But that's not voicing opposition for a policy... that's a personal identity based attack that is used as a way to paint someone as "bad" without a reason other then "he's different".

And while I'm happy there are Republicans who hate Rush... many if not most still attach on to his attacks on Obama and make them their own. Unfortunately, he IS the person setting (or communicating) messaging for a good part of the GOP base.

July 16, 2014 at 3:07 pm |
      • kurt

And the other thing to note... Holder never claimed "every" Republican felt this way. He said that a portion of the GOP did... and the fact that Begala, myself and pretty much anyone who can operate a search engine can find hundreds if not thousands of examples of racist statements directed at Obama... from signs at political rallies for the GOP to a conservative commentator saying he looks like a " a skinny, ghetto crackhead" shows that element IS most definitely there.

The biggest concern is that "reasonable" GOP people still let them take part. Limbaugh hasn't been abandoned for his racist statements. Bozell is on the board for the Amercian Conservative Union and the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights. It would be one thing if they were ostracized by other conservatives for blatant racism. Same goes if those holding racist signs at GOP rallies were kicked out. But that hasn't been happening. And that implies an acceptance fo those views by conservatives as a whole.

July 16, 2014 at 3:15 pm |
      • southerngent

kurt
        You made an attempt to claim the GOP was the architect of Clinton era healthcare when in truth the whole obamacare battle was played out during Clinton's term, which is a mirror image of the obamacare fiasco, except obamacare had three reasons for existence:
        1. It was a (LETS DO THIS WHILE WE HAVE THE NUMBERS) 1 vote shy of super majority!
        2. OBAMAS SOCIALIST PLAN TO SHARE WEALTH!
        3. TO HELP ENSURE THE REELECTION OF OBAMA, based on a lie to the American People!
        Clinton pushed national health care and the GOP scrambled to counter if it appeared to be going somewhere. This from politiFact:

"Is the Affordable Care Act really the same as "the Republican plan in the early '90s?"

Short answer - sort of. There was a Republican bill in the Senate that looked a whole lot like Obamacare, but it wasn’t the only GOP bill on Capitol Hill, it never came to a vote and from what we can tell, plenty of conservative Republicans didn’t like it."

Please note the last sentence above.

"President Bill Clinton took on an ill-fated effort to reform health care in 1993. As the president’s task force (led by First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton) worked behind closed doors to craft solutions to ever-rising health care costs and a growing number of uninsured families, Republicans scrambled to forge an alternative."

Please provide the whole story with your misinformation. Too much of what you post is half truths written to hide the whole truth!

July 22, 2014 at 7:09 pm |
  16. Sasha

Anyone not acknowledging the Racism Obama has had to deal with is probably a raacist.

July 15, 2014 at 9:56 am | Reply
    • Silverback

Sasha, you're missing the point. Many people, including myself, think Obama is a bad President – not because he is black – because he has poor leadership skills. Yet when people point out his flaws – we're all racists. Like I've said before, many Liberals are using the race card to defend the President and it's wrong. If Obama has a done a bad job, then he's done a bad job – hey it's a tough job. What we're getting instead is, Obama has a done a bad job, but hey cut him some slack because of his race.

July 16, 2014 at 11:42 am | Reply
  17. Hector Slagg

Racisim was pretty well forgotten about until the Liberals brought it back as a ploy to sell their failed policies and dupe the public. Begala is a piece of crap selling the Liberal Agenda. Criticizing the government because of failed poilcies is not racisim. It is free speech.The Obama Administration has nothing left but howling because they are a gross failure.

July 15, 2014 at 9:51 am | Reply
    • emskadittle

no, it was "forgotten" about until the black president was elected and then "conservatives" remembered it

July 15, 2014 at 11:51 am | Reply
    • hmc

The truth is there has been an Obama smear campaign by SOME (the point has already been conceded in a national news program today) who have racial bias for a while now. The question is, why all the defense ?

I have been told that when you throw a rock who ever gets hit will cry out....

July 15, 2014 at 3:21 pm | Reply
      • southerngent

hmc
        "The truth is there has been an Obama smear campaign by SOME (the point has already been conceded in a national news program today) who have racial bias for a while now."

Post source or stfu! Shouldn't be difficult since it was a " national news program today) "

" The question is, why all the defense ?"
        Not a logical question! Libs are the ones on defense!

"I have been told that when you throw a rock who ever gets hit will cry out...."
        So, why are you throwing rocks? However, that's the problem you only know what you have been told.

July 21, 2014 at 9:09 pm |
      • mickey

the man and his administration is a total failure. that is the truth.

July 22, 2014 at 11:32 am |
  18. Greg R

Really the Democrats can't do anything right so they come up with the old "Racism" card. Our current administration is a worthless bunch of thugs that want our country to fall. obama isn't a president he's a dictator the anti-christ!

July 15, 2014 at 9:39 am | Reply
    • emskadittle

how is a "race card" to call out a racist? like you

July 15, 2014 at 11:52 am | Reply
      • Big Cliff

Or like you?

July 15, 2014 at 3:50 pm |
      • countingdown

emskadittle
        how is a "race card" to call out a racist? like you

July 15, 2014 at 11:52 am | Reply

I assume this should have read: how is (it) a "race card" to call out a racist? like you
        Answer: When it is not true, as in pointing out the dismal failures of obama and his adminstration.

July 23, 2014 at 12:26 pm |
  19. Onthemoney

All through american history, Being the first black to serve in positions or capacity, once preserved for whites only, were met with anger, obstruction, rejection, racial bigotry, disrespect and sometime violence. to name a few. Being the first African American President, is no different. Jackie Robinson, got it bad and he only played professional baseball. The leader of the Free world, serving in the highest office in the nation, telling the "Good ole Boys" what to do and where to put it. Come on people, Sh!t Just got real. :(

July 15, 2014 at 6:37 am | Reply
  20. ProtectAmericanJobs

The problem in trying to elect good leaders for The United States of America has nothing to do with the color, gender or party of our politicians. It's our politician's, from both parties, lack of honesty and the lack of willingness to do right by the US citizens that they're elected by and should be representing.

July 15, 2014 at 12:10 am | Reply
  21. dmf

If Dems in Congress had started impeachment proceedings against Bush – Cheney crowd responsible for unnecessary Iraq War ( 2003 – 2011 ) tragedy and financial and economic turmoil , in 2009 ONLY then would have succeeded and saved a Democratic President , and specially an African American President Obama , from GOP in Congress' plans
    against impeachment . This is all about right wing extremists and other conservatives racial hatred . The GOP in Congress have not cooperated and deliberated with Dems in Congress and President Obama on job creation , immigration reforms and other key issues . This even at costs of millions in U. S. continue to suffer , as economy in turmoil bleeds profusely . Indeed U. S. has been suffering , led largely by Congress' s non – actions . The GOP on 01/20/2009 had conspired and pledged not to let President Obama succeed ! They have been following their strategy to do nothing , obstructionists and political gamesmanship ! Resulting in 23 million unemployed and / or under employed , 47 million under poverty line , declining middle Class , 55 attempt s to repeal Affordable Care Act. , and not any actions on a) ACA 's improvements and cost reductions , b ) Job creation programs including Tax code and fiscal policy and regulatory reforms , debt and deficit reductions and c ) providing opportunities for investments of $ 2. 5 trillion continues on hold and d ) immigration reforms and other issues of national interest .

July 14, 2014 at 11:18 pm | Reply
    • Monty

I truly think you need professional help.

July 15, 2014 at 2:05 pm | Reply
    • Faye

For 2 years after he was elected the demo's were in charge so tell me why they didn't pass anything. The GOP may have said no but the emo's were in charge.

July 15, 2014 at 4:42 pm | Reply
    • countingdown

dmf
      "If Dems in Congress had started impeachment proceedings against Bush – Cheney crowd responsible for unnecessary Iraq War ( 2003 – 2011 ) tragedy"
      impeachment for something they agreed with and voted for, brilliant NOT

"and financial and economic turmoil , in 2009"
      Started in 2008 3mth before Bush left due to the dems in clinton years giving (affordable) housing to people who couldn't afford them, housing bubble explosion.

"ONLY then would have succeeded and saved aDemocratic President , and specially an African American President Obama , from GOP in Congress' plans against impeachment "
      Wait, you azz holes say he hasn't done anything wrong so what is the problem? Also, what does being black have to do with him trying to get around the Constitution?

"This is all about right wing extremists and other conservatives racial hatred ."

"The GOP inCongress have not cooperated and deliberated with Dems in Congress and President Obama on job creation,"
      Dems had nearly a super majority early in Obama's presidency. Why didn't he get anything done then? Oh! that's right he was to busy screwing WORKING AMERICA getting obamacare passed and telling lies about you can keep your doctor, plans, you will save 2,500 per year, it was just a video.
      Also, what happened to the billions he doled out that was going to save the economy. Oh! yeah, he was too busy trying to screw Working America getting obamacare passed to care.

"immigration reforms and other key issues "
      Dems are not interested in securing the border, which is the first place to start. BTW, with a near super majority why didn't Obama do something about immigration reform then? Oh yeah! he was too busy trying to screw Working America getting obamacare passed to care.

" This even at costs of millions in U. S. continue to suffer , as economy in turmoil bleeds profusely . Indeed U. S. has been suffering , led largely by Congress' s non – actions ."
      What was obamacare for then? America can not help the people who truly need help because of the cost of supporting the takers (government owes me low lifes)!

"The GOP on 01/20/2009 had conspired and pledged not to let President Obama succeed !"
      LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE! After republicans took back the house "Republican leaders, buoyed by recapturing the House and gaining seats in the Senate in Tuesday's midterm elections, vowed Wednesday to pursue their plans to downsize the federal government and said voters had vindicated their efforts to block President Obama's agenda." Washington Post, *****November 2010***** and guess why _ because AMERICAN WORKERS WERE SCREWED BY OBAMACARE and Obama was ignoring all request by Republicans on everything and said its his way or no way!

" They have been following their strategy to do nothing , obstructionists and political gamesmanship !"
      What could they do? If they did pass something in the House, Reid ignored it or the Senate dem majority voted it down. A liberal president would have vetoed it. Just when some dems were turing around Reid invokes the nuclear option.

"Resulting in 23 million unemployed and / or under employed ,"
      6 to 8 million loss jobs after the housing bubble exploded and what was Obama's priority? Oh yeah! he was too busy trying to screw Working America getting obamacare passed to care.

"47 million under poverty line ,"
      Ever heard of self responsibility?

declining middle Class ,
      Guess what dumb azz, each time you raise taxes to pay for social freebes the middle class get hurt! Each time you raise the minimum wage the skilled workers pay is diminished and the middle class get hurt! You and liberals keep saying tax the rich more but you are so stupidest to realize the top 10% pay 70% of income taxes.

"55 attempt s to repeal Affordable Care Act. ,"
      Too bad the Senate wouldn't vote to appeal, look at the nightmare we have now.

"and not any actions on a) ACA 's improvements and cost reductions ,"
      Obama and Reid and Pelosi say Obama care is the best thing every SO WHY DOES IT NEED IMPROVEMENT?

"b ) Job creation programs including Tax code and fiscal policy and regulatory reforms , debt and deficit reductions and"
      WHT THE FK WAS THE ADMINSTRATION DOING WHEN THEY HAD A MAJORITY? Oh yeah! he was too busy trying to screw Working America getting obamacare passed to care. HOW MUCH HAS OBAMA ADDED TO THE DEBT AND TO HIM THERE IS NO NEED FOR REDUCTION JUST PRINT MORE MONEY!

" c ) providing opportunities for investments of $ 2. 5 trillion continues on hold and"
      I THOUGH YOU WERE FOR CONTROLLING DEBT? BTW, Obama's investments don't work!

" d ) immigration reforms and other issues of national interest ."
      SECURE BORDER FIRST AND NO AMNESTY! DOMESTIC POLICIES (FAILURE), FOREIGN POLICIES (FAILURE), OBAMA PRESIDENCY (COLOSSAL FAILURE)!!!!!!

July 19, 2014 at 9:45 am | Reply
      • countingdown

This sentence:
        "Nope, this is about a left wing liberal president acting like he can do anything he wishes without the other two branches of congress."

Should have read:
        Nope, this is about a left wing liberal president acting like he can do anything he wishes without the other two branches of government. Congress (Legislative) and Federal courts (Judicial), my bad.

July 20, 2014 at 9:14 am |