Crossfire | Weeknights @ 6:30 pm ET on CNN

Join the debate

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire
on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

June 9th, 2014

What did Hillary accomplish?

Paul Begala and S.E. Cupp debate what Hillary Clinton accomplished as Secretary of State with Tim Miller and Tracy Sefl

Problems with Hillary the "inevitable"
Cupp and Begala debate the issues with painting Hillary Clinton as "inevitable."

Clinton calls West Bank "under occupation"
S.E. Cupp challenges Tracy Sefl over Hillary Clinton calling West Bank "under occupation" in her new book.

Cupp outraged Rock has gotten so boring
Cupp is outraged about Metallica getting kicked out of a festival & Paul is outraged over what's going on with Texas GOP.

Posted by
Filed under: 2016 • Hillary Clinton • Outrage of the Day • Paul Begala • Politics • S.E. Cupp • Tim Miller • Tracy Sefl
  1. countingdown

I hope Ihope your head doesn't explode when she's elected POTUS. You voted for Palin didn't you.

June 11, 2014 at 9:13 am |

"Your Poor", I will not be responding again for sometime if at all. Just found out my close relative who was fully independent now will need full time care. As stated on the other thread I have spent wks trying to get help for my relative but thanks to the national healthcare system called Medicare my family and I must become care takers.

I'm sure you will be elated but I must tell you I would not wish this nightmare on anyone including you. Sadly, @ 65 each of us will become a victim of this wonderful system. Please stop listening to the liberal media and special groups and talk to the people under this program as well as the VA. The problem is not the care provided (if you get it) but bureaucracy to get it.
    I pray for America's future.

June 13, 2014 at 10:43 pm | Reply
  2. lividemerald2013

Seems to me that Hillary Clinton's fan base consists mostly of bleeding heart liberals, as well as gullible young people who are ignorant of her scandalous background story, and who fall prey to the liberal media hype.

June 10, 2014 at 3:22 pm | Reply
  3. Hector Slagg

Possibly it is still being written and digested. Much of it may just be a footnote in history Any pluses or minuses will be a part of the Obama Administration not looking good at the moment or longer.

June 10, 2014 at 2:12 pm | Reply
  4. JJO

Here's a list of all of Hillary's accomplishments:

June 10, 2014 at 12:54 pm | Reply
  5. Do something constructive

Cupp – Do something constructive and draw us a picture of some cookies.

June 10, 2014 at 10:29 am | Reply
    • You hate poor people so who cares what you think

Cup will leave that up to you, no one can match your qualifications of drawing cartoons and identifying obama images from ink blobs. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha!

June 13, 2014 at 1:55 pm | Reply
  6. kurt

The problem the GOP has is that the opinion of Hillary is that she did a good job as secretary of state.

They're trying to point to things that didn't work out and change that view. But as uninteresting as the positives for Hillary are... the negatives are as well. Voters won't care about her accomplishments in Asia. But they won't care about her percieved failures in the Middle East either. The average voter who doesn't love her or hate her already will go with appearances... she appeared to be a strong, competent secretary of state.

The problem the GOP has is they think the electorate is going to get worked up about overseas issues. Historically, unless the US is involved in a war that just doesn't happen. It won't happen with Russia/Ukraine. It won't happen with Benghazi. It won't happen with ANY foriegn issue. Simply put... if we're not fighting a war we don't care all that much.

In Hillary's time as SoS, we slowly moved out of existing wars and she didn't make any noticeable screw ups. In the eyes of voters... she was a success. All the details are really completely unimportant when it comes to voting.

June 10, 2014 at 8:18 am | Reply
    • Greg Kells

That may be your opinion, but it certainly isn't the prevailing opinion. Honestly, most people probably don't have an opinion regarding her service as SoS. Those of us who do have an opinion, likely had the same opinion of her before she was SoS. She has been a public figure so long that opinions of her were formed well before she took her last public office (and it will most likely be her last). For every person that loves Hillary, there is someone like myself who reviles her. She would be the single worst candidate for the Dems to run. She has been embroiled in public scandals since she first stepped onto the national scene, and those will not just fade away. IF she runs, expect to hear the name McDougal whispered quietly while more concrete and obvious scandals are discussed. If she isn't corrupt, she is a magnet for corrupt people, and those past scandals will all be paraded out. From Whitewater to Benghazi, her list of scandals far outweighs her list of accomplishments, and she is simply not likable or popular enough to overcome that imbalance.

June 10, 2014 at 2:21 pm | Reply
      • I hope

I hope your head doesn't explode when she's elected POTUS. You voted for Palin didn't you.

June 11, 2014 at 9:13 am |
      • You hate poor people so who cares what you think

I hope AKA "Your Poor"

June 11, 2014 at 9:13 am |

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
        The question clearly irked Clinton, who said, "No, I don't think you are trying to clarify."

"I think you are trying to say that I used to be opposed and now I am in favor and I did it for political reason and that is just flat wrong," Clinton said. "So let me just state what I feel like you are implying and repudiate it. I have a strong record. I have a great commitment to this issue and I am proud what Ihave done and the progress we are making."

"You are playing with my words and playing with what is such an important issue," she said.

HA, HA, HA, HA, YOUR QUEEN IS HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING HER COMPOSURE ANSWERING QUESTIONS FROM A LIBERALNEWS OUTLET JUST WAIT UNTIL ACTUALLY HAS TO FACE OPPONENTS FROM EITHER PARTY. HA, HA, HA, HA

June 13, 2014 at 2:00 pm |
      • You hate poor people so who cares what you think

I hope AKA "Your Poor"

June 11, 2014at 9:13 am |

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, "Senator Abraham Lincoln? Clinton misidentifies the former president "– CNN headline. Ha, ha, ha, can't wait for her to get the Democratic nomination.

June 13, 2014 at 2:07 pm |
      • countingdown

I hope

June 11, 2014 at 9:13 am |

Ha, ha, ha, ha
        (CNN) – Hillary Clinton, pressed by ABC's Diane Sawyer in a clip of a larger interview that will air Monday night, says that her family had "no money" when they left the White House and "struggled to piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education."

That's right, houses, as in plural. Most Americans can only dream of the kind of such wealth, and Clinton is crying poverty.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, "HOUSES, AS IN PLURAL.". Ha, ha, ha, ha. Can't manage their own money how can she manage the nations money? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,

June 13, 2014 at 4:05 pm |
  7. CALIFORNIA

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

June 10, 2014 at 12:28 am | Reply
  8. ProtectAmericanJobs

She accomplished nothing other than using the Monica scandal to leverage the Dems for future power.

Who's been pushing so hard for her and why? – Why is the media so infatuated with this evil-unethical-disingenuous-dishonest-power-monger!

Could it be that Free-Traitors and Foreign interests own and control our media?

It's Hillary – Hillary – Hillary 24 / 7 / 365 – Hummmmmm?

We all knew back when that whole Monica scandal was going on, that she must have made a deal with the Dems and the Devil for promises of power in the future in return for her standing by "her husband" Bill's side.

You know the problem in trying to elect good leaders for The United States of America has nothing to do with the color or gender of our politicians. It's our politician's, from both parties, lack of honesty and the lack of willingness to do right by the US citizens that they're elected by and should be representing.

Before Hillary Clinton runs for president, Americans need to remember that it was her "husband" that got us into bed with Communist China in the first place. – And how's that been working out for the American People and the Real American Economy?

Clinton is the one who opened up the trade floodgates with Communist China and both Bill and Hillary were actively involved during their visit to China.

Bill Clinton, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman nor did I have unethical trade relations with that communist Chinese government."

Bill and Hillary Clinton are two of the biggest FREE-TRAITORS around.

Hey you stinking Free-Traitors: The AMERICAN PEOPLE can see what's been and is still being done to them!

And the Vince Foster incident and many others like it should not be forgotten.

I truly believe that she is evil.

June 9, 2014 at 11:33 pm | Reply
  9. Smitty

1. Reset button=ooops !!!
    2. Ben Ghazi== ooops!!!
    3. Impeached husband =ooops!!!
    Well you get the point, THERE ARENT ANY !!!!

June 9, 2014 at 11:02 pm | Reply