Join the debate

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire
on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

June 4th, 2014

Newt sickened by Obama defense

The third "B" in the collapse of our national security system and the State Department hit this week.

The release of five very high-value terrorist leaders as a swap for one U.S. serviceman was the third strike against the Obama administration's policy of defeat, dishonesty and self-delusion.

When Congress starts investigating the Bergdahl case it must broaden the analysis to look at the common patterns which connect it to the administration's approach on two other national security questions: Boko Haram and Benghazi. Full story

Mudslinging and feeding the homeless
Stephanie is outraged about the political fight in Mississippi and Newt is outraged a couple is fined for feeding the homeless.

1. You hate poor people so who cares what you think

You're poor @Jack – It's going to be funny when countingdown's head explodes when Hillary is elected POTUS. There won't be much to clean up. At least the janitors at the nut house will be happy about that.

June 12, 2014at 3:09 pm |

The question clearly irked Clinton, who said, "No, I don't think you are trying to clarify."

"I think you are trying to say that I used to be opposed and now I am in favor and I did it for political reason and that is just flat wrong," Clinton said. "So let me just state what I feel like you are implying and repudiate it. I have a strong record. I have a great commitment to this issue and I am proud what I have done and the progress we are making."

"You are playing with my words and playing with what is such an important issue," she said.

HA, HA, HA, HA, YOUR QUEEN IS HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING HER COMPOSURE ANSWERING QUESTIONS FROM A LIBERAL NEWS OUTLET JUST WAIT UNTIL ACTUALLY HAS TO FACE OPPONENTS FROM EITHER PARTY. HA, HA, HA, HA

June 13, 2014 at 8:15 am | Reply
  2. countingdown

To:"Your Poor"

OH YE WHO HATES POOR PEOPLE, So you would be a hypocrite for posting this comment, from your rant called "Profile Of The Typical Republican Voter".

FOR ALL TO SEE > YOU HATE PEOPLE WHO DEPEND ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND SINCE YOU ARE TOO DUMB TO KNOW,YOU WILL HAVE MEDICARE ALSO, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE, AT AGE 65 ALL INSURANCE POLICIES BECOME SECONDARY, EVEN YOUR PRECIOUS OBAMACARE. IF YOU THINK IT IS BAD NOW WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE OVER 74 THEN PRAY YOU DON'T NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL.

June 13, 2014 at 7:51 am | Reply
  3. countingdown

500,000 FLEE IN IRAQ AS CITIES FALL- CNN headline

I thought Obama said they were ready to protect their on country?

June 11, 2014 at 9:08 pm | Reply

500,000 FLEE IN IRAQ AS CITIES FALL- CNN headline

I thought Obama said they were ready to protect their on country?

June 11, 2014 at 9:08 pm | Reply

Should read:

I thought Obama said they were ready to protect their own country?

I can admit a mistake why won't the liar of the year?

June 11, 2014 at 9:13 pm | Reply
  4. countingdown

Yeah right!

hate /hāt/

verb

feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone). "the boys hate each other" synonyms: loathe, detest, despise, dislike, abhor, execrate; More

noun

intense or passionate dislike. "feelings of hate and revenge" synonyms: hatred, loathing, detestation, dislike, distaste, abhorrence, abomination, execration, aversion; More

DUH!

June 11, 2014 at 6:45 pm | Reply
  5. countingdown

You don't actually read your on unintelligible postings huh! Ha, ha, ha, ha

June 11, 2014 at 6:34 pm | Reply
  6. countingdown

You're poor
    Show me one single post where I said "I hate poor people". I love poor people. I just wished poor people, like you, wouldn't vote against your own interests when you vote GOP. How is that hating poor people?

June 9, 2014 at 5:08 pm |

You do or you wouldn't use it as your comment name and begin your post with this name, or post stuff like this from your comment called "Profile Of The Typical Republican Voter"
    "1. Thinks they themselves are rich.
    2. Makes less than $100,000/yr.
    3. Has anet worth less than $200,000.
    4. Primary residence is on wheels or blocks."

Or you would be a hypocrite to post this comment, also from "Profile Of The Typical Republican Voter".

"In a new Cato study, "Still a Better Deal: Private Investment vs. Social Security," Cato Senior Fellow Michael Tanner demonstrates that actual investment returns over the past 40 years show that a system of private investment will, in fact, provide significantly higher rates of return thanthe current Social Security system."

So, anyone who has worked for forty years would have more income from their investment of the same money paid into the social security system. Those who can invest separately do well. However, the poor people that you hate, don't have that option and are forced to rely soley on the ss system. Our belief is that the generation just now entering the work force should be given the option ss or private investment.

The problem is government steals from this program to fund social agendas but when jobs are vacant less money is coming in and SURPRISE, SURPRISE SURPRISE, ss is in trouble. JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! Jobs give people independence, a sense of worth, responsibly for their own life.

I NO LONGER FEEL SORRY FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU CONTINUALLY PROVE YOUR HATE. This blind hate that you and liberal extremists have is beyond comprehension.

June 11, 2014 at 8:12 am | Reply
    • You're poor

"1. Thinks they themselves are rich.
      2. Makes less than $100,000/yr.
      3. Has anet worth less than $200,000.
      4. Primary residence is on wheels or blocks."

That's not hate. It's just questioning why poor people would vote for the GOP. The GOP doesn't represent the poor or working class people. Pointing out the profile of the typical GOP voter (like yourself) is just pointing out fact. Fact is not hate.

June 11, 2014 at 4:47 pm | Reply

Yeah right!

hate /hāt/

verb

noun

DUH!

June 11, 2014 at 6:47 pm |
      • You hate poor people so who cares what you think

"Your Poor"
        So you would be a hypocrite to post this comment, from "Profile Of The Typical Republican Voter". "7. Probably retired and depending on SS and Medicare or will be the person most likely to need SS and Medicare."

FOR ALL TO SEE > YOU HATE PEOPLE WHO DEPEND ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND SINCE YOU ARE TOO DUMB TO KNOW YOU WILL HAVE MEDICARE BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE, ALL INSURANCE POLICIES BECOME SECONDARY AT 65. SO AS I STATED CONCERNING MY RELATIVE, IF YOU THINK IT IS BAD NOW WAIT UNTILYOU ARE OVER 74 THEN PRAY!

J

June 12, 2014 at 4:00 pm |
  7. countingdown

jack
    great....the rhetoric is getting better.................thanks for the much needed humor

June 10, 2014 at 4:34 pm |

Great! Your ignorance won't be any better! There is no humor in what this president and administration has done to our nation. So, until you graduate kindergarten and put together complete sentences then try posting on a children's article. Maybe you could learn from them!

June 10, 2014 at 5:24 pm | Reply
    • jack

you win...........I can't argue with anyone that includes 2 exclamation points in their posts.......white flag..........have a nice evening

June 10, 2014 at 7:23 pm | Reply
      • viking618

Countingdown is a ignorant zealot, the only that is spewed out of his little pie hole is childish banter. People like him are incapable of "seeing the big picture" because they are small minded. It's fun to push their buttons.!

June 10, 2014 at 10:52 pm |
      • countingdown

You couldn't win because you do not have the ability to provide valid arguments to the failures of Obama and this administration. PERIOD!

June 11, 2014 at 6:57 am |
      • The real problem with fools like this

@jack – The real problem with fools like countingdown(to Hillary), is that he really thinks he's won the argument. He's too stupid to even know that he's stupid. Even the GOP posters here just wished he'd stop posting. But I hope he continues to make himself look like a buffoon. It's funny.

June 11, 2014 at 9:41 am |
      • countingdown

The real problem with fools like this

June 11, 2014 at 9:41 am |

Okay, "Your Poor", "The GOP Prayer", "Profile Of The Typical Republican Voter". Ha' ha', ha, ha, ha ha, ha, you want to continue your mindless BS, it is on You Piece Of Stomped s¢€t!

Start providing something to back up your claims. There is more to government than you receiving your government handouts. Respond to each of these or do not post your simple mind crap anymore

NATIONAL DEBT:
        Government Debt in the United States – Debt Clock http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/At the end of FY 2014 the gross US federal government debt is estimated to be $17.9 trillion, according to the FY15 Federal Budget.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of $2.40 billion per day since September 30, 2012!

SOCIAL SECURITY:
        "In a new Cato study, "Still a Better Deal: Private Investment vs. Social Security," Cato Senior Fellow Michael Tanner demonstrates that actual investment returns over the past 40 years show that a system of private investment will, in fact, provide significantly higher rates of returnthanthe current Social Security system."

MEDICARE:
        "More Doctors Steer Clear of Medicare The Wall Street Journal – Jul 2013 Fewer American doctors are treating patients enrolled in the Medicare health program for seniors, reflecting frustration with its payment rates and push back against mounting rules, ..."

I have just spent 6 weeks trying to get help for an elder relative who was fully independent but fell and had a cracked pelvis. The hospital wouldn't admit and sent my relative to rehab! Rehab wasn't prepared to except a patient immediately from the er.

GUESS WHAT DICK HEAD! THIS IS YOUR FUTURE, WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF MEDICARE AND NATIONAL HEALTHCARE!

VETERANS HEALTHCARE:
        National healthcare future.

OBAMACARE:
        See VETERANS HEALTHCARE. Also, had only three reasons for existence.
        1. Revenge for the failed attempt during the Clinton years because "let's do this while we have the numbers"!
        2. Socialist program specifically designed to share wealth!
        3. Help ensure the reelection of Obama, achieved by lying to the American people.

IRS:
        Government coercion/intimation of citizens.

NSA:
        Excessive spying on citizens without warrant.

IMMIGRATION:
        Protect the borders, period. No amnesty!

BENGHAZI:
        Cover up to protect an election.

BERGDAHI:
        A sicking attempt by the president to present himself a hero releasing a hero who was actually a deserter, and in return has put mid-eastern countries, American Allies, as well as America in position of greater harm by releasing 5 terrorist.

MINIMUM WAGE:
        You can not increase minimum wage and expect skilled labor to get shafted.

I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET, BUT HAVE TO STOP FOR NOW. I WILL BE BACK!

June 11, 2014 at 12:27 pm |
      • You're poor

@countingdown(to Hillary) – I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET, BUT HAVE TO STOP FOR NOW. I WILL BE BACK!

Please come back soon. I need more laughs.

June 11, 2014 at 4:57 pm |

You're poor

Please come back soon. I need more laughs.

June 11, 2014 at 4:57 pm |

I knew you didn't have the nerve!

June 11, 2014 at 6:09 pm |
    • viking618

Yes, after reading your idiotic posts and crude replies we all need some humor. Actually I am not surprised at your lack of intellect, after all there is barely room inside your pin head for a single, solitary brain cell, orbiting on the interior of your cranium. I tried to help you out on the "Thought Police Run Amok!" column, after reading you caustic and idiotic replies. A 55 gallon drum of my famous ointment was sent to you! Did you receive it and use it all up? I send you some more with a Pin Head discount. It is now EXTRA STRENGTH and MINTY FRESH!

I have a friend that made $5,907 in one day selling Benghazi Anal Creme to Republican legislators and the LEMMINGS that blindly follow. You apply it to your Sphincter every 4 hours and it soothes and cures the brain inflammation. After treatment you will be able to see more clearly and should recognize the damage the GOP is doing to the country. Treatment is fully covered by the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).

June 10, 2014 at 10:29 pm | Reply
      • countingdown

Wow, another copy/paste liberal idiot, damn I can smell the stink coming from your neck through my phone.

June 11, 2014 at 6:04 pm |
      • countingdown

You wasted some of the creme by swallowing it, but that is typical for a (government for me) azz sucker.

June 11, 2014 at 6:25 pm |
      • countingdown

Wow, you actually have 1 friend.

June 11, 2014 at 6:27 pm |
      • countingdown

You make much in an hour licking liberal azz!

June 11, 2014 at 6:29 pm |
      • countingdown

countingdown Your comment is awaiting moderation. Actually I am not surprised at your lack of intellect, after all there is barely room inside your pin head for a single, solitary brain cell, orbiting on the interior of your cranium. I tried to help you out on the "Thought Police Run Amok!" column, after reading you caustic and idiotic replies. A 55 gallon drum of my famous ointment was sent to you! Did you receive it and use it all up? Isend you some more with a Pin Head discount. It is now EXTRA STRENGTH and MINTY FRESH!

You don't actually read your on unintelligible postings huh! Ha, ha, ha, ha

June 11, 2014 at 6:34 pm | Reply

June 11, 2014 at 6:36 pm |
      • countingdown

Shoo wee! Damn, that wasn't only your neck that smells like liberal do-do through the phone but your breath as well.

June 11, 2014 at 8:20 pm |
      • countingdown

"I tried to help you out on the "Thought Police Run Amok!" column, after reading you caustic and idiotic replies"

That's your problem you tried but aren't smart enough to post anything closely resembling an intellectual argument.

June 11, 2014 at 8:27 pm |
      • countingdown

'A 55 gallon drum of my famous ointment was sent to you! Did you receive it and use it all up?"

Your shipment was intercepted by the IRS and sent to lub the azzes of the democrats after the screwing they got from the almighty one when he disobeyed their own law. The last I heard they need another shipment so try not to swallow so much this time!

June 11, 2014 at 8:40 pm |
      • countingdown

"It is now EXTRA STRENGTH and MINTY FRESH!"

Didn't help your azz licking breath any! Btw, the taliban would like you to continue your support.

June 11, 2014 at 8:48 pm |
      • countingdown

"You apply it to your Sphincter every 4 hours and it soothes and cures the brain inflammation."

It did not help your brain affliction any but if your lucky you can keep your doctor.

June 11, 2014 at 8:55 pm |
      • countingdown

"To bash the President and all others who disagree with you?"

51% according to the pols agree with me and that was just Democrats.

June 11, 2014 at 8:59 pm |
      • countingdown

Senator Abraham Lincoln? Clinton misidentifies the former president – CNN headline

Ha, ha, ha, can't wait for her to get the Democratic nomination.

June 11, 2014 at 9:18 pm |
      • countingdown

"The vote is in, and "none of these candidates" is the top vote getter in the Nevada Democratic governor's primary." – CNN article.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha that is worth a couple more laughs ha, ha, ha

Aw, come on now you and "Your Poor" wanted a laugh, it doesn't get any better than that! Ha, ha, ha, ha

June 11, 2014 at 9:28 pm |
      • jack

ok then.....have a nice day

June 12, 2014 at 10:24 am |
      • countingdown

Ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, thanks Nevada! So much fun! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Think I'll rest on that one ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Oops, 3 exclamation points, so sorry I know your afflicted brain will struggle with that. Oh well what the hell, it can't handle much so I will use a period to finish this one. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Oops , did it again. Ha, ha, ha, that's better.

June 11, 2014 at 9:43 pm |
      • You're poor

June 12, 2014 at 3:09 pm |
      • jack

I keep getting your emails via this site...............it's tying up good space............if I agree with you in advance on everything, and approve any conversations we've had and say you are absolutely correct, can you have mercy and move on?

June 12, 2014 at 4:12 pm |
      • jack

sorry Viking I thought you were Crossfire.......he has me on speed dial

June 12, 2014 at 4:13 pm |
      • jack

June 12, 2014 at 4:19 pm |

jack

June 12, 2014 at 4:12 pm |

BS, if you want to continue posting political crap but can't handle the heat find something else to do with your time.

If you want me to stop, don't continue using this format or use your mouse to uncheck the " Notify me of follow-up comments via email."

June 12, 2014 at 8:23 pm |
      • jack

thanks for the advice...will attempt to block you

June 13, 2014 at 3:37 pm |

jack
        sorry Viking I thought you were Crossfire.......he has me on speed dial

June 12, 2014 at 4:13 pm

My replies were to Viking (from cf comment section)

"Leave a Reply to viking618

Click here to cancel reply. Name: (required)

countingdown

E-mail: (required, but will not be displayed)"

jack You're poor.................................hope you received my apology , I had you confused with another poster

June 12, 2014 at 4:19 pm |

This thread is screwed up like your liberal buddies. I don't sympathize with you. Don't post again and I won't respond to you again, however if they do you will get more.

June 12, 2014 at 8:46 pm |

June 12, 2014 at 3:09 pm |

Wake up, wake up, wake up, hater of poor people, you are having a wet dream about Obama turning and running and Hillary running after him falling and bumping her head. Ha, ha, ha, ha,

June 13, 2014 at 7:37 am |
  8. You hate poor people

You're poor
    @countingdown(to Hillary) – How come poor people (like you) continue to vote against their own interests? The GOP want to cut your SS and Medicare benefits. What part of that don't you understand? But it's your right to be stupid. And your posts make your own party (GOP) look like the buffoons they really are. So carry on please.

June 10, 2014 at 10:20 am |

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, Still can't keep from copy/pasting the same crap, huh! Ha, ha, ha, ha ha, dus da wittle brain hurt from trying to tum up wit sombing new? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

June 10, 2014 at 11:58 am | Reply
    • You're poor

Next time add a couple more Ha Ha's and some more broken sentences. That will prove to us libs how smart you really are. Poor people are voting against their own interests when they vote GOP. I'll bet even the GOP posters here just wished you'd stop posting. You're making the GOP look like the buffoons they really are. Keep posting please.

June 11, 2014 at 9:33 am | Reply
      • You hate poor people so who cares what you think

You hate poor people so who cares what you think, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Do da witle brane wattle win jue tie 2 tank? That's a question mark, which requires a yes or no. Ha, ha, ha, ha

June 11, 2014 at 10:26 pm |
  9. mutant

So is it true that the US Office of the Provost was thwarted from arresting Obama as their oath states ".... to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies, foreign OR DOMESTIC." It is reported to have occurred on 19 Sept 2013.

The deaths were covered up by making their names classified.

June 7, 2014 at 7:17 am | Reply
  10. Jack

I am sick of Newt, He has made up excuse after excuse for his actions!

June 6, 2014 at 10:28 pm | Reply
  11. countingdown

kurt
    A terrorist is someone who uses: "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons."

The key part is "unlawful". What defines a group like Hamas or Hezbollah as being terrorists while the Israelis are not is the fact that the Israelis make the laws... they control their government. It's not like the Israeli strikes don't fit the definition of "terrorism" otherwise.

When a government does it, it's simply not terrorism. People who take up arms as part of a government that controls a country and tries to repulse invaders are not committing terrorism. They're engaging in war. (a defensive war at that).

If we invaded France, the french officials fighting us would not be considered terrorists... they'd just be enemy soldiers. Just because they're middle eastern with long beards, doesn't make that any different with the Taliban in Afghanistan resisting the US invasion, does it?

June 6, 2014 at 12:06

ANY FOOL WOULD RECOGNIZE THE TALIBAN AS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION THEREFORE BY ASSOCIATION THESE RELEASED HEROS OF YOURS! ESPECIALLY GOVERMENTS OF THE MIDDLE-EAST. JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T ACCEPT THAT OBAMA SCREWED THE DEMOCRATS AND AMERICA BY NEGOTIATING WITH TERRORIST AND RELEASING TERRORIST DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY LESS SICKING! BTW, WILL THE DEMOCRATS IMPEACH OBAMA FOR DISOBEYING THE LAW THEY PRESENTED AND PASSED?

"From 1995 to 2001, the Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence and military are widely alleged by the international community to have provided support to the Taliban. Their connections are possibly through Harkat-ul-Mujahideen, a terrorist group founded by Sami ul Haq."

viking618
    Counting down to self destruction.

IF I WERE I WOULD MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU EVER COULD, BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES TO READ YOUR MINDLESS DRIBBLE AND UNINTELLIGIBLE POSTINGS. BTW! DID YOU GET AS RAISE TO $10.10 A YEAR YET! HA, HA, HA

My old Sgt. Major was a veteran of 3 wars, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. His mere presence in uniform (with more medals than Carter has liver pills) embarassed all officers below the rank of Lt. Colonel. He had the respect of all the men because he earned it. If he saw your posts, he would kick you so hard in your backside you wouldn't be able to walk. And then he would bite your little pin head off and tell you to shut your damn pie hole because you don't even remotely have the faintest clue of what you are talking about.

IF HE IS STILL ALIVE YOUR SGT. MAJOR WOULD JERK YOUR HEAD OFF AN SH*T DOWN YOUR NECK FOR SUPPORTING A COMMANDER IN CHIEF WHO NEGOTIATED WITH TERRORIST THEN RELEASED 5 P'SOS TERRORIST IN ORDER TO TRY TO PRESENT HIMSELF A HERO FOR SAVING A HERO WHO DESERTED HIS MEN AND GOT SOME KILLED LOOKING FOR HIM SO FK YOU FOR BEING TOO STUPID TO EVEN TRYING TO INSULT ME!

June 6, 2014 at 6:02 pm | Reply
    • viking618

WOW! Pinhead, did you have a bad day swabbing out the dumpsters behind McDonald. All caps, everywhere. You must be an unstable pinhead, not to worry, all pinheads are harmless. I mentioned "idiotic ideas and opinions" and, laughably, your response confirmed it. FYI Pinhead, folks that go around bragging about money or how much they are worth, usually aren't worth very much. Very poor form, indicates lack of intellect. Much like your response.

June 6, 2014 at 10:04 pm | Reply

viking618
        "WOW! Pinhead, did you have a bad day swabbing out the dumpsters behind McDonald."
        No' had to pee and you were cleaning the toilets. DCK HEAD, Ha ha ha

"All caps, everywhere. You must be an unstable pinhead, not to worry, all pinheads are harmless."

SCREAM TYPING GOT YOUR VACANT HEAD'S ATTENTION. YOU HAVE NO DEFENSE TO YOUR GOD OBAMA'S MISERABLE RECORD AS PRESIDENT SO YOU ATTACK THE PERSON. I RECIPROCATED IN KIND, OF COURSE YOUR NANO SIZE BRAIN CANNOT COMPREHEND THIS REALITY.

"I mentioned "idiotic ideas and opinions" and, laughably, your response confirmed it. FYI Pinhead, folks that go around bragging about money or how much they are worth, usually aren't worth very much."

You have no valid intelligent argument to present so you try to make yourself appear superior and only make yourself look foolish! Case in point what does any of that mindless crap have to do with screwing America by releasing terrorist?

" Very poor form, indicates lack of intellect. Much like your response. "

Very poor coherent posting like your response, indicates a typical low information progressive liberal idiot. Meaning, you are a simple minded dumb ass.
        Btw, prick,how did it feel to have your head jerked of your shoulders, I guess you really stink now!

June 9, 2014 at 8:10 pm |
      • jack

countingdown..............truly a goofy reply.......but 2 thumbs up on the rhetoric and typecasting......great teaspeak...you follow the script they gave you to the letter

June 10, 2014 at 8:43 am |

jack

June 10, 2014 at 8:43 am |

Truly a typical liberal response, no original thought of your own..........but that's understandable you don't know jack $hit. That wasn't even a good liberal attempt by you. You follow the trail of running crap spewed by the progressive liberal left and all of it stinks!

June 10, 2014 at 11:41 am |
      • jack

June 10, 2014 at 4:34 pm |

Just getting warmed up.

June 12, 2014 at 9:34 am |
    • kurt

"ANY FOOL WOULD RECOGNIZE THE TALIBAN AS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION THEREFORE BY ASSOCIATION"

I'm just going to stop with this one.

If association makes a government a terrorist organization, then the US government has been a terrorist organization for nearly their entire history. That has to be one of the most unreasonable things anyone has ever claimed. Read the history of Al Quaeda. Do you know how they got their weapons to fight the Russians in Afghanistan? WE GAVE THEM THE WEAPONS. The US was the genesis of Al Quaeda. They then went on and cut off ears, noses and genitals of Russian soldiers in their Jihad to prevent a non-Islamic government takeover of Afghanistan. By your logic our government (both under Carter and Reagan) was a terrorist organization by association.

June 7, 2014 at 12:20 am | Reply
      • countingdown

"TALIBAN ATTACK PAKISTAN AIRPORT"

"Kurt

"Just because they're middle eastern with long beards, doesn't make that any different with the Taliban in Afghanistan resisting the US invasion, does it?"

Now what dip shit?

"And the "we don't negotiate with terrorists" is total BS. The entire Iran-Contra affair under Reagan was a series of complex negotiations and arms deals with terrorists. We've always negotiated with terrorists."

Damn you were desperate to go all the way back to the Reagan years, couldn't find anything from Bush, huh! You guy are slipping. Oliver North paid the price for that fiasco. Who will pay the price for this fiasco? Nevertheless, this wasn't only about negotiating with and releasing terrorist, this is about a president using this in an attempt to hide the extreme embarrassment of the VA, this was about presenting himself a hero releasing a hero who actually was a deserter.

Btw, you never answered my question on another article. Do you really thing Obama would have won in 2012 had working Americans known they were being screwed by obamacare and his blatant lies?

June 9, 2014 at 9:06 pm |
      • countingdown

I noticed you didn't have the nerve to copy and paste my complete quote so here it is again:

Emphasis on " RELEASED HEROS OF YOURS!"

June 10, 2014 at 9:01 am |
      • You're poor

June 10, 2014 at 10:20 am |
      • jack

no argument......on that....the GOP continues to dazzle with their ignorance

June 10, 2014 at 4:41 pm |

jack
        no argument......on that....the GOP continues to dazzle with their ignorance

You don't have enough intelligence to provide a valid argument on anything especially the GOP! This is your method: Duh, wa wa what do do I I say no now? Wil chk with otter libs a an and wa what lib de news peepol say!

June 10, 2014 at 6:52 pm |
  12. REGinAZ

Politics is being aggressively played, taking advantage of the opportunity to excite, without any real value or thought for the people. Together, “the money” who “pull the strings” and their “puppet” politicians who preform as controlled, are using a constant barrage of propaganda to con the people and manipulate public opinion, without conscience or hesitation, using terms like “conservative” and “constitutional” and just constantly finding fault with their aim to sway people’s emotions. It really doesn’t take much objectivity to rationally see that to them “conservative” just means to prohibit government from enforcing regulations and oversight and instead to always allow the few to exploit the system, uninhibited; Bush-Cheney have already clearly proven that really costs the country, the tax payers greatly, with the majority always losing and only “the money” consistently gaining. And their demonstrative fault finding, while throughly aggressive and intentionally disruptive, is always slanted and never considers any contrary explanations. Really, isn’t it actually “constitutional” to prevent the few from taking advantage of the many and to instead create a level playing field for everyone, rather than rationalizing that “constitutional” should be interpreted to allow unrestricted advantage for “the money”; it would rationally seem that equality and fairness are actually the original objectives of the “constitution”.

The Republican / Tea Party has literally become owned and controlled, in seeking the strong support of “the money”, and today they concentrate on serving only the few and on their own political ambitions, on just insultingly taking the voters for granted as being “pawns” to be easily duped, used and abused. They literally offer the people, the majority including the total middle-class, absolutely nothing and just depend on, together with “the money”, using the power, influence and mega-bucks provided (with substantial “strings” attached), to offer constant propaganda aimed to control public opinion and to sway voters. Their objectives and past results clearly show that they are consistently pushing this country further and further into being a two-class society, with “the money” aggressively competing in having it all, just feeding their insatiable “more” (never enough) appetite, while the majority consistently loses. Simply looking at Central America and South America we can see examples of where that leads. The disappearing middle-class is definitely not good but that is where “the money” is aggressively pushing America and it really doesn’t matter whether it is intentional or just an unintentional result of their irresponsible, unchecked, self-serving greed, the people are paying the price. It would seem that the voters have to decide whether they want to be “the money’s” “pawns”, constantly duped and pushed into lower class servitude, or accept that none are perfect while doing the pushing themselves, firmly rejecting the “puppets” and encouraging the rest to become better.

June 6, 2014 at 12:00 pm | Reply
  13. viking618

That's OK Newt, I'm sickened by your presence on the airwaves, you purse mouthed buffoon!

President Obama did his duty and retrieved an active duty US serviceman. The circumstances surrounding the retrieval or Sgt. Bergdahl's disappearance will be dealt with after the fact.

The release of 5 Taliban "Generals", a laughable assumption! They are a threat to the US? Absurd! The chief prosecutor at GITMO stated flatly the the US did not have any evidence, none, that they committed any crime. Imagine behind held for 12 years with no charges, no trial, nothing. Bush/Cheney were very adept at labeling people "extremely dangerous" just like all the lies that were proffered to the American people over the false WMD's. (Words of Mass Deflection).

The threat facing our nation isn't the 5 who were released, nor is any foreign country. We have the military might to absolutely trounce any would try. The greatest threat facing our country comes from within and it is the Republican party Mitch McConnell epitomized this when he stated: "Our top political priority is to deny President Obama a second term." That statement alone indicates that he, and the GOP, could care less about majority rule or the will of the people. To that end they have engaged in obstructionist tactics in the halls of Congress to the detriment of the nation. They have made all manner of wild, spurious and false accusations against the President and others who oppose their zeal for power and control. They have deployed the age old military tactic of divide and conquer in print and on the airwaves against the citizens of the United States. All to cater to the wishes and desires of the 1% and the giant corporate interests.

This was demonstrated by Chris Christie, who probably fancies himself Commander In Chief already, recently in NJ. In late May he was slashing pensions of working people to close the billion dollar budget cap that he created, and in the beginning of June, a few days ago, the press discovered that his biggest campaign contributer received a $106 million dollar tax break for a development project. This is what the GOP does, it is who they are. They could care less about the people of this country. They will lie, cheat and steal to capture votes for they cannot elect anyone to office by only representing the 1%. Sadly, many people buy into this ideology and follow like lemmings. I'm white, a military veteran and I voted for President Obama twice.

June 6, 2014 at 11:37 am | Reply
    • ceebee

Well said viking618, and thank you for your service to this country.

June 6, 2014 at 12:25 pm | Reply
    • sportshooter

The issue that should really be sickening the liberal/progressive left, you included, is the obvious disregard this administration has for the law. They believe they are above the law while holding all oppisition accountable. This dog and pony show in the white house does not have a clue as to what is going in the room next door let alone in the rest of the world.

As a vet I followed the creed that no one gets left behind, but am appalled that Obama and the rest of the clowns are trying to spin this guy into a hero that served with honor. Why not save the honor comment until after he has his article 32 hearing and all the evidence is put on the table. Why is it liberal/progressives always want to rush into the spin phase of trying to be the hero? Its time you all grow up and pull up your big girl panties and face the facts as they are and not as you want them to be. If you would put half of your energy into trying to make this country a better place rather than looking like a monkey screwing a football, it would be easier to come to an acceptable resolution of most issues.

As far as us having the military might to destroy another country is concerned you are most likely right, but now tell us all what our military might did for us on 911 and those he released have direct responsibility for parts of that fateful day. You need to drop the politics issue going on in that little mind of yours and see the whole picture instead of try to spin Obama into the super hero he is not.

June 8, 2014 at 9:55 am | Reply
      • countingdown

Thank you for your service and this very well written comment!

June 10, 2014 at 3:50 pm |
    • McShannon

I have a great deal of respect for the honesty of Bill Gates who recently tried to make Congress aware that large corporations e.g. Microsoft were legally through loop holes avoiding up to 90 billion dollars annually in taxes by having off shore accounts. If you include Cheney, Bush, McCain, Romney, Koch brothers and some Democrats with similar wealth and others with similar wealth with off shore accounts easily 120 billion annually, or 1.2 trillion over ten years. Newt there are more important things to tend!

June 9, 2014 at 4:21 pm | Reply

money.cnn.com/2013/03/12/news/economy/rich-taxes/

The top 10 percent of taxpayers paid over 70% of the total amount collected in federal income taxes in 2010, the latest year figures are available, according to the Tax Foundation, a think tank that advocates for lower taxes. That's up from 55% in 1986.

DO YOU DUMB ASSES NOT EVER READ, COMPREHEND!

June 10, 2014 at 3:42 pm |
  14. okiejoe

Newt's sick all right.

June 6, 2014 at 8:40 am | Reply
  15. Pablo695

Newt and McSame keep citing the same argument – these are high value, worst of the worst, war criminals.

After WWII, the US and it's all took the German High Value, Worst of the Worst War Criminals to trial. A court heard the evidence, conflicted the guilty and handed down sentences. It DID NOT TAKE 10-12 years.

Simple question – If these 5 are as bad as Newt and McSame claim, why have they not been charged, tried and convicted in over a decade? The USA used to better than the bad guys, We used to take the high road and stand for something. Locking people up for over 10 years without charges, trials or convictions makes us no better than a dictators secret police prison.

June 5, 2014 at 11:43 pm | Reply
    • Pablo695

and it's allies. Sorry for the typo.

June 5, 2014 at 11:44 pm | Reply
    • viking618

Bush/Cheney were very adept at labeling everyone "extremely dangerous" and their stooge Alberto Gonzales was the idiot who wrote the memo approving torture, rendition, and waterboarding. God only knows what else. Very dangerous precedent, now any of our military personnel who may be captured could be subjected to the same thing. The Republicans are the "Taliban of the United States", no rights, no trials, no evidence, no nothing. Their party has become a SHIP of FOOLS.

June 6, 2014 at 11:43 am | Reply
  16. jerry

millions of thinking Americans are sicken by obama and mob….Newt is not alone. This fall we tie obama up and get to the business of impeachment…or the people will loose faith in our government and that will lead to anarchy.

June 5, 2014 at 11:13 pm | Reply
    • viking618

Try to think critcally before you post. Listen to yourself! Impeach Obama? For what, doing his duty as commander in chief? Here's and idea, let's make the penalty for running a stop sign mandatory life in prison without parole. Get a grip!

June 6, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Reply
  17. anne

Newt, stay home and mow your lawn

June 5, 2014 at 10:43 pm | Reply
  18. Maria Rivera-Carvalho

America is sickened by Newt Gingrich. Can’t CNN find a better clown?

June 5, 2014 at 8:21 pm | Reply
    • viking618

The "Master Janitors" that Newt the Nitwit crowed about during his ill fated presidential bid would be a suitable replacement.

June 6, 2014 at 4:32 pm | Reply
  19. Name*Danny Hernandez

WHY doesn't Obama do anything to free the Soldier detained in Mexico. They are our neighbors so it should be easy.

June 5, 2014 at 6:43 pm | Reply
    • kurt

It took 5 years for Bergdahl. I imagine it will take less with Mexico, but it's been 2 months.

The US is negotiating with Mexico, but the fact the marine tried to break out of jail is making it harder for them then when this happened in the past back in 1999 (and even then it took nearly 3 weeks).

June 6, 2014 at 12:13 pm | Reply
  20. Ken in MO

Newt is probably the most arogant man in the country...with "The Donald" being a very close second. I use him as my barometer. If he is against it, I have to give a serious look at being for it. Not that I am so simple minded because I am very well informed and educated in economics and politics...but because I think he is so morally bankrupt. If he is for something it is so him or his friends can make money...not because it can/should help people. Using Americans money to help average Americans is not something Newt cares about. He wants to use average Americans money to make his friends rich. When a man on his 4th wife and stand in front of the nation and say that he has to defend the sanctity of marriage...I question his character and his morale compass.

June 5, 2014 at 5:23 pm | Reply
    • viking618

Good point, personally I don't think he has ever had any character or a moral compass.

June 6, 2014 at 4:33 pm | Reply
  21. REGinAZ

Whatever anyone thinks of the "swap", right or wrong, it should be clear that Obama was put in a no-win situation – wrong whatever he does. With that being the strategy used against him regarding most everything all along, used aggressively just for propaganda with whatever choices he makes being criticized. No one else contributes, no one else offers any solution and they just wait without any concern for the costs just to find fault with whatever decision is made. Now likely Obama could have benefitted from more experience and for sure he has made mistakes, with his credit just being that he responsibly and conscientiously tries, but the real point is that others shouldn't gain from their being irresponsible and just self-serving as they actually sought, and even intentionally worked to have, problems and failures that had significant costs. These actions should really identify those who can't and won't honestly and responsibly govern for the people, who are beyond having a conscience and are just totally self-serving.

June 5, 2014 at 1:29 pm | Reply
    • viking618

That has been the game plan of the GOP since he took office. The GOP has nothing to offer the American people. Their infamous battle cry of "less government regulation" and/or "less or no taxes" is a myth. It is being played out in Kansas. Gov. Brownback was elected and slashed taxes, now the state of Kansas cannot pay their bills and their credit rating has been downgraded, thus increasing the cost of borrowing for the Kansas taxpayer. He will likely be run out of office and his successor will have to raise taxes or borrow money (at a higher interest rate) to bridge the gap. Wall St. and the large banks don't care who is in office because they make money coming and going. This is the cycle of irresponsibility and destruction. Yet the Republicans crow about being the job creators all the while their corporate friends relocate their factories and business operations to China, India, Russia, and Vietnam. Lenin was right when he stated "Some day the capitalists will sell us the rope that we will hang them with!"

June 6, 2014 at 4:47 pm | Reply
    • countingdown

Ha, ha, ha, Copy /paste, ha, ha, ha, like "Your Poor" who hates poor people! Ha, ha, ha!

June 6, 2014 at 8:03 pm | Reply
      • You're poor

June 9, 2014 at 5:08 pm |
      • You hate poor people so who cares what you think

"Your Poor"

FOR ALL TO SEE > YOU HATE PEOPLE WHO DEPEND ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND SINCE YOU ARE TOO DUMB TO KNOW YOU WILL HAVE MEDICARE BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE, ALL INSURANCE POLICIES BECOME SECONDARY AT 65. SO AS I STATED CONCERNING MY RELATIVE, IF YOU THINK IT IS BAD NOW WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE OVER 74 THEN PRAY!

June 11, 2014 at 10:47 pm |
  22. Pander Bear

Oh Please. Newt is the definition of nausea.

June 5, 2014 at 12:42 pm | Reply
    • jack

Newt sickened................what irony.....

June 5, 2014 at 4:47 pm | Reply
  23. kurt

Just out of curiousity... are we really considering cabinet members and provincial governors of a foriegn government we declared war on and then deposed as terrorists?

We overthrew the Taliban... but let's not forget that they were the government of Afghanistan and these guys were essentially politicians running that government.

Would it be reasonable for another country to treat Chuck Hagel (Secretary of Defense... equivalent to Fazl), Nathan Deal (governor of Georgia... equivalent to Noori), Sally Jewell (Secretary of Interior... equivalent to Khairkhwa), Stephanie O'Sullivan (deputy director of national intelligence... equivalent to Wasiq) and some random US border guard official (equivalent of Nabi) as terrorists because they personally fought to resist an invasion of their country?

Yes, the Taliban was a repressive, arguably evil government. We were justified (in my opinion) in our attacks on Afghanistan. And if these people committed war crimes or crimes against humanity while in power they should answer to the international courts for that. But the people fighting for the Taliban against us aren't terrorists. They're simply enemy soldiers and officials. These guys were captured in the initial war on Afghanistan as well... it's not like they acted as terrorists after we had deposed their government.

June 5, 2014 at 11:50 am | Reply
    • countingdown

" Just because they have impressive beards and fought against our soldiers doesn't make them terrorists. As they were members of the government we were deposing... that makes them enemy soldiers."

Then just what is your definition of a terrorist you fucking wimp?

June 6, 2014 at 7:45 am | Reply
      • You're poor

June 6, 2014 at 11:18 am |
      • kurt

June 6, 2014 at 12:06 pm |
      • viking618

Counting down to self destruction. Tell me, are you paid by dark money from the Koch Brothers to post your idiotic ideas and opinions? To bash the President and all others who disagree with you?

June 6, 2014 at 12:41 pm |
      • countingdown

You're poor You're poor. Why do you continue to vote against your own interests? You will need SS and Medicare (if you're not already on it). Why do you vote for the GOP who want to cut your benefits? But I guess it's your right to be stupid. Carry on.

June 6, 2014 at 11:18 am |

June 6, 2014 at 4:55 pm |
  24. I'm sickend

By anything called "Newt".

June 5, 2014 at 10:57 am | Reply
  25. Vincent

Bringing home a pow is the right thing to do under any circumstances.the u.s has been doing this since the world wars. Five talibans is worth one American any dAy.if he charged with any wrong doing ,he will tried here where he belongs.tell the crying newt to explain to his mother and father why he shouldn't be home.

June 5, 2014 at 10:09 am | Reply
  26. george

To Bill and Stephanie, in relation to this bad deal. I will, everyday of the week, take five somebodies or one nobody.

June 5, 2014 at 7:06 am | Reply
  27. AgrippaMT

Anything that makes Newtie Gingrich sick is good for America. Please let us know when he's terminally ill next time.

June 5, 2014 at 12:56 am | Reply