Crossfire | Weeknights @ 6:30 pm ET on CNN

Join the debate

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire
on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Shinseki 'mad as hell' about VA allegations
May 15th, 2014

Shinseki 'mad as hell' about VA allegations

Under withering criticism, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki told a Senate committee on Thursday that he was "mad as hell" about allegations of deadly waiting times and coverup at VA hospitals but he doesn't plan to resign.

"Any allegation, any adverse incident like this makes me mad as hell," Shinseki said at the first congressional hearing since reports of 40 deaths in Phoenix that may be due to a lack of timely care for veterans.

Last month, CNN revealed that at least 40 veterans died waiting for appointments at the Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care system, according to sources inside the hospital and a doctor who worked there. Many of those veterans were placed on a secret waiting list, the sources said. FULL STORY.

At 6:30pm ET S.E. Cupp and Van Jones host a debate with Larry Korb of Center for American Progress vs. Jessie Jane Duff of Concerned Veterans for America.

promo split 5.15

Should Secretary Shinseki resign from the Department of Veterans Affairs?

Vote by tweeting Yes or No using #Crossfire or comment on our Facebook post. View results below or through our Poptip results page.

1. Liberal Garbage

He's mad as hell so he's not going to do anything.....becaseu that's the liberal democrat garbage response.

May 19, 2014 at 3:59 pm | Reply
  2. texasgreenacres

Eric Shinseki From his experience he knew he was stepping into a bucket of (s)hit when he took the job.He knew what was happening in the VA system.He knew they wasn't processing disability claims in a timely manner and he knew the medical service was sub standard.He may not of known about the waiting list.But as a over all he knew that there was problems and he didn't go after it like fighting a fire.So he' wound up down wind of the fire and it's hot as hell.And he don't like it.But it's his fault

May 19, 2014 at 2:33 pm | Reply
  3. CALIFORNIA

Democrats talking points memo, MAD AS HELL.

May 19, 2014 at 1:21 pm | Reply
  4. ASantom

Want to know what Universal Health Care looks like? Visit the VA Hospital nearest you. Just a preview of Obamacare hell to come.

May 19, 2014 at 11:46 am | Reply
  5. CALIFORNIA

Democrats don't care about our veterans. Vietnam is a perfect example.

May 18, 2014 at 8:49 pm | Reply
  6. stingerhp

Shinseki should be "mad as hell" as he dropped the ball on the VA and he got caught.. He was in charge, everyone was to answer to him, and he let it go to heck and beyond.. Good boy Shinseki, be "mad as hell" and don't let the door hit you on the way out................

May 16, 2014 at 6:04 pm | Reply
  7. jim

and I cant believe Obama gave the upper hand to the Russians with our space program he is the most dangerous man in power

May 15, 2014 at 7:04 pm | Reply
  8. terry

She needs to resign DESK JOCKIE

May 15, 2014 at 7:04 pm | Reply
  9. terry

Why is she calling vets desk jockys she needs to resign im a vet and I was a desk jocky that was an insute thanks for that comment jessie

May 15, 2014 at 7:02 pm | Reply
  10. jim

personally when shenseski was general he was more concerned about that new sytriker which not a good choice and the barret and yes he should resigne and you blaming the republicans is so wrong I have never seen a democrat help soldiers in my life they cut more money and budgets for our military and veterns Obama should be recalled

May 15, 2014 at 7:01 pm | Reply
  11. william miller

I am a vietnam vet I was wounded twice once by a command detonated mine and other by gunshot to back of head . The VA had denied gunshot wound because they say I had headaches growing up which is untrue. I also had my right angle broken 3 times and my right elbow once. I also have 50% PTSD; 10% ringing in the ears also have Diabetes related to Agent Orange.My case has been on appeal for over a year and I have seen my primary care doctor once in the last year

I have been trying to get help but VA don't care

Bill Miller