Crossfire | Weeknights @ 6:30 pm ET on CNN

Join the debate

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire
on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

February 14th, 2014

Tweet Wars episode 2

Welcome to the second installment of Tweet Wars where S.E. Cupp & Sally Kohn guess who their "fan" tweets were meant for.

Filed under: S.E. Cupp • Sally Kohn • Tom Foreman • Tweet Wars
  1. jamesc

Tweet Wars II?

Back around 1986 or so, we hadn't yet learned that Reagan had sent Bush Sr. to Iraq to arrange a deal with Ayatollya Khomeini to sell arms in exchange for keeping the American hostages until after the election of 1980, thereby sabatoging President Carter's efforts to get them released.

Before that came out, there was a lot of talk on talk radio about repealing the 22nd Amendment. The argument being posed by Republicans was it restricted the rights of the people to vote for the best candidate and hence an affront to democracy. The outrage was universal that it should be repealed immediately.

I think a better topic than "tweet wars" would be "Should the 22nd Amendment be repealed so Barack Obama can be elected for a 3rd term?"

I'm sure Republicans would support it.

February 18, 2014 at 4:21 am | Reply
    • Terry

Barack Obama has not been the man with the magic wand and fairy dust people hyped up hoped he could be, no one person in his position could possibly be. However, when I look back five years ago; we were so over ready with hoping he could be based on how bad our national and international situation had become. With the obstacles he started with and realizing people expected more than could be done, our situation is so much improved than it was. With the republicans they are mentioning and a couple of democrats, I almost wish he could have a third term. By his appearance, and the way the administration and congress have butted heads I do not think any sane man would take it on even if it were possible.

February 19, 2014 at 3:05 am | Reply
  2. TIM

I CAME BACK TO CNN BECAUSE YOU BROUGHT BACK CROSSFIRE WHICH I ALWAYS ENJOYED WHEN YOU HAD IT THE FIRST TIME. I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT VAN JONES IS CLEARLY ON DRUGS IF HE BELIEVES WHAT HE SAYS ABOUT OBAMA AND BELIEVES IT. FOR HIM TO SAY THAT OBAMA'S FOREIGN POLICY IS WORKING AND IS SUCCESSFUL. THERE IS NO POLICY EITHER FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC THAT IS WORKING. I USED TO BE A DEMOCRAT UNTIL JIMMY CARTER WAS PRESIDENT AND WAS I THOUGHT FOR SURE THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER BUT I WAS WRONG, OBAMA IS WORSE. NOW I REMAIN A PROUD INDEPENDENT SINCE BOTH PARTIES SUCK.

February 17, 2014 at 11:23 pm | Reply
    • Terry

A majority of both do suck. I cannot agree with you that Mr. Obama is the worst president ever. Not even of our times. Perhaps instead of just making a blanket attack remark, you should quantify it. It's not bad being an independent though, I must agree. Although you run into factions of both parties that will denounce your ability to pick a side. I like that I can vote for a republican as easily as I would a democrat.

February 19, 2014 at 2:45 am | Reply
  3. Terry

Love the Tweet wars it should be part of every after show. THOUGH, it might be nice to include a positive comment here and there.. if there are any. I like both ladies and agree with one view more than the other yet believe they both get off set and have a coffee and laugh together. They're paid to assume a side. Same as any cable news channel today.

February 17, 2014 at 9:48 pm | Reply
  4. Mike Bullard

Are the Syrian among those who amass to chant “Death to America”?

February 17, 2014 at 6:59 pm | Reply
    • Terry

Mike, I get where you're going with your comment. However, there's Americans that will chant horrendous remarks about our country. There would be some in Syria as there are in other countries that chant this. However, media only shows us these protests not allowing us to see the majority that wish no harm to anyone or any country. It's used to inflame us as foreign media find Americans and their politicians making blanket comments about all the people of another country. We have to be able to read between the lines. There are a good many countries that find America the beacon of hope that we know it to be.

February 19, 2014 at 2:49 am | Reply