Crossfire | Weeknights @ 6:30 pm ET on CNN

Join the debate

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire
on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Crossfire: Obamacare under fire
October 30th, 2013

Crossfire: Obamacare under fire

During a House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius apologized for the "miserably frustrating" problems with the Obamacare website and promised it would get fixed.

Two members of that committee, Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) and Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA), join Newt Gingrich and Van Jones in the Crossfire.

We want you to weigh in: Do you accept Sebelius’ apology over the Obamacare website debacle? Vote by tweeting with Yes or No using #Crossfire, or comment on our Facebook post. View results below or through our Poptip results page if you are on a mobile device.

Don't forget to tweet along with the show using #Crossfire.

Posted by
Filed under: Fireback • Health care • In the Crossfire
  1. Jackson

Thanks for sharing outstanding informations. %KW%
    Jackson http://chronobiology.leftbookmarks.com/story.php?title=welche-tuerlautsprecher-kann-man-in-vw-touran-reinmachen

November 9, 2013 at 7:41 am | Reply
  2. jamesdickason

Obama and his Affordable Care are a CRUEL JOKE–

November 5, 2013 at 5:41 pm | Reply
  3. Brandy

I am a 35 year old stay at home mom and in good health. I find it appalling that I am being forced to get insurance. My husband and my daughters are on insurance with his employer and it is already costing us quite a bit. Now since we are being forced to either get on Obamacare or our spouses insurance, our income will decrease. We will be having more money deducted from our check. The government isn't going to compensate us financially to be able to afford this insurance. I don't understand how this will benefit our country by lowering our incomes and increasing our bills. I am hardly ever sick and when I do go to the doctor I choose to go to the minute clinic. Now I will be paying for a service which I choose not to have because our President is giving us ultimatums of either get insurance or be penalized. I believe this is a terrible move for our country.

November 4, 2013 at 11:26 pm | Reply
  4. REGinAz

You know all of this bickering and fault finding about Obamacare actually is totally aggravating and seems like a real waste of time. What matters and really all that matters is when it is done, will it work and be beneficial? If it works and is beneficial, then that is great and the Republican / TeaParty can just put their tail between their legs and apologize ... if it doesn’t work or it isn’t beneficial, then that isn’t good and Obama and the Democrats will need to eat the crow and provide the adjustment ... but in the mean time all of the screaming and yelling is just really disgusting and accomplishing nothing worthwhile. Sometimes it just seems like the Republicans are scared it is going to work and will be beneficial so they are trying to destroy it in people’s minds before it has a chance, again simply disgusting. Maybe they feel that is necessary because they arrogantly faulted and stubbornly blocked all efforts, never contributing anything and even now, obviously have no answers, no solutions of their own. That was really their choice as they decided to fight reform and to just focus on their politics, to protect the status quo favoring Special Interests and “the money” and to depend on propaganda to convince and sway the people – anymore it seems like that is their standard tactic, without any regard for the costs. Common sense and simple reality today, noted for myself as an ex-long-term Republican first alienated by Bush-Cheney and ever since by the Republican / Tea Party’s self-serving antics, conveys the message that they have completely lost sight of the people’s interests as they focus only on serving “the money”, their strong supporters and masters.

November 3, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Reply
    • TK

The law is working, its helping people with preexisting conditions. The effects are that millions will and are losing their prefered health insurance and it will cost more money for millions of Americans to have health insurance. Its working, but alot of people are not happy.

November 3, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Reply
    • AL@NC

It must not bother you that the American people were lied to about Affordable Care. As long as the liar is a Liberal it's ok. Fact is we will not be able to keep our present health care provider and its going to be anything but affordable.

November 4, 2013 at 11:42 am | Reply
  5. AmericanDebt

Dean Griffin liked the health insurance he purchased for himself and his wife three years ago and thought he'd be able to keep the plan even after the federal Affordable Care Act took effect. But the 64-year-old recently received a letter notifying him the plan was being canceled because it didn't cover certain benefits required under the law. The Griffins, who live near Philadelphia, pay $770 monthly for their soon-to-be-terminated health care plan with a $2,500 deductible. The cheapest plan they found on their state insurance exchange was a so-called bronze plan charging a $1,275 monthly premium with deductibles totaling $12,700. It covers only providers in Pennsylvania, so the couple, who live near Delaware, won't be able to see doctors they've used for more than a decade.

November 2, 2013 at 9:36 pm | Reply
  6. keith

Does anyone know how much we Middleclass (LOW CLASS) tax payers pay for ex-living Presidents, Vice Presidents, their security, Congressman, Senators, and Assemblyman's health care from our taxes? And the ones in office? How about the total dollar amount a year? Could someone publish this amount? I have paid out of my pocket after taxes for one of the best healthcare systems for over 20 years without using it. Now that I need it , it has gone in the crap Hole. I have removed my American Flag from my 15' pole because it no longer is a symbol of what it once stood for. My grandparents and relatives fought and died for that flag in vain. My Government sickens me. We help everyone else first and let our own people suffer from disasters consistently, I'm not proud to be an American anymore . I may still be more free than others but the greed in this country is far overwhelming.

November 1, 2013 at 7:39 pm | Reply
    • Ariel

I find it disgusting that none of the news people find any problem with the OBAMA Administration racking up all of these additional millions in overtime costs via IT services just so OBAMA can stroke his ego and avoid delaying the enforcement of his very poorly executed health care plan. Why aren't people challenging OBAMA and questioning what VALUE there is in incuring all of these additional costs in the form of overtime 24/7 IT people VERSUS POSTPONING? Telling us people are working 24/7 only shows that a blank check of ridiculousness has been issued and again, we TAXPAYERS have to pay for those costs (at double rates) which again bring no value OTHER THAN SAVING FACE FOR OBAMA. Great, they have hired the best IT people from California. What rate? $1000 an hour and double time after 5 pm? Why should taxypayers incur these charges? I say postpone and make the contractors fullfil their contract at no additional costs. That is how a normal business would have to handle this matter because they could not justify why implementing the system sooner brings any value that justifys spending millions. I haven't seen this administration do anything well. The 700 billion that were supposed to get the economy going had projects so wrapped up in red tape, they took years to get done and added millions of admin costs to do them. I was very familiar with some of those and the poor people that had to deal with the nightmare of red tape his cronys added to the projects. Every time there has been any work created like this, its all been a white wash to give lesser capable people huge high paying jobs and projects they have no business doing and which they totally botch. The same things is occuring with the website and you can be sure no one will say the contractor shouldn't be paid – even though that is exactly what would happen in any normal business where there isn't a blank check for all the mistakes. Obama sees us taxpayers as a well of endless money he can tap from. He is ruining the future of millions for decades to come. What I don't get is how Obama gets a free pass with all of these backroom deals and contracts that are supposed to be totally illegal when they aren't bid and awareded to lowest price etc. Then no one from his staff can even manage them properly. I can only guess there isn't anyone in law enforcement anymore who hasn't been paid off. The entire system is totally broken and need to be overhauled. MEanwhile, we shouldn't have to pay millions in overtime so Obama can enforce individuals to sign up this year. There is no value in postponing and nothing justifys spending millions now to avoid a delayed enforcement.

November 2, 2013 at 1:05 am | Reply
  7. Mark Ogilvie

If you want to tone down the hatred in Washington then find a way to tone it down on your show. Or on MSNBC or FOX. Right now both sides know that they can find friendly places where they can preach to the choir and get back up. You're show displayed that perfectly last night with both sides twisting logic into a pretzel to make sure that the other side was being un-reasonable. It doesn't matter the subject, to Newt the democrats are always wrong and to Jones the republicans are always wrong. Direct questions that might show otherwise are deflected, facts and lies are thrown into a mixer and then thrown to the audience and in the end you all laugh and smile because no matter what you all get paid for this junk.

I've come to hate you all and I believe nothing that's said in the media.

October 31, 2013 at 8:12 am | Reply
  8. Gary morin

Rep Murphy's comment that people can't be denied care under the old law because of Hippa is an outright lie.Hippa has nothing to do with denying insurance.Hippa is a privacy of information law.

October 30, 2013 at 7:24 pm | Reply
    • Paul

Well bully for you, suck-up.

October 30, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Reply
  9. Buster

How is it that no one that I can remember has asked the QUESTION How does a law Example Obamacare or Affordable Health Care Act get passed without a majority of Senate Voters admitting to have never read the Article they were VOTING on. It is amazing to me thru their own admission to have not it before voting. God Help the U.S.A. Thank you

October 30, 2013 at 7:11 pm | Reply
  10. Lynda Roberts

I am a 62 year old self-supporting woman with no savings. I work at a university in the cafeteria and there are times I do not work full time in the summer and that is when I use my vacation pay. Not only only am I in danger of losing my heatlh insurance .... if corporate decides I am a part-time employee per the new Obamacare system I will also lose my vacation pay, holiday pay, sick pay and other benefits. Yesterday was my 14 year anniversary with this employer. I have never used a sick day in that whole time and I work very hard. I am very concerned about myself and my co-workers if we lose all our benefits. This is just wrong. Thank you from Lynda Roberts

October 30, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Reply
  11. Richard

To the crossfire - Prohabition was once the law of the land and we fixed it like we will Obama care /The Affordable Care Act!!

October 30, 2013 at 7:00 pm | Reply
  12. Bruce

Would the ACA have passed (since the vote was so close) if Obama would have told the truth about so many people loosing their policies?

October 30, 2013 at 6:59 pm | Reply
    • Amelia

Absolutely NOT!

November 1, 2013 at 1:12 am | Reply
  13. Michael

Yes. Her apology is sincere but it doesn't address some of the serious problems with the law. They mentioned Medicare D; it's a disaster; formularies, prior authorizations never getting received and the time and $ cost of that in addition to the cost associated with paying a middleman to issue drug coverage and the non competitive treatment industry will continue to jack up the cost by making people live sicker longer.

October 30, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Reply
  14. Larry French

Watch crossfire right now and Congresswoman Schakowsky is so wrong in her saying Americans don't care congressional members are opted out or not being forced to be sucked into this healthcare act. To the contrary, it burns in our craw like the Stamp Act enraged our original patriots! Many in D.C. today just don't get it, we like our freedom choice!

October 30, 2013 at 6:44 pm | Reply