Join the debate

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire
on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

October 16th, 2013

Gingrich: This is a sad day

Hosts Van Jones and Newt Gingrich weigh in on the deal announced on the Senate floor Wednesday. Gingrich argues that today is a sad day, while Jones says he is proud of President Obama, Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell.

Posted by
Filed under: Debt limit • economy • government shutdown • Newt Gingrich • Van Jones
  1. Joe Hopper

A closed government is a good government. Stop waiting for a govt handout and take care of yourself like an American should.

October 18, 2013 at 12:39 am | Reply
  2. Born2bWired

The tea party is nothing but a bounce of sore losers. They are using the shock TV type tactics to gain supporters and think that because they have millions of supporters, it reflects the majority of Americans. If those idiots could to math, they would understand that their extreme views are only supported by a small percentage of the population. The GOP needs to dump them completely and let their terrorist behavior make them clear targets for getting kicked to the curb. It would not surprise me if most of their supporters still think the earth is flat. Get off the dinosaur you are riding on…the world is leaving you dummies behind with your Tyrannosaurus Rex vintage strategies!
    The way I see it is that the Democrats generally have better ideas for government programs, however, fail to see them come to fruition due to downstream corruption in the management of these programs. The GOP needs to stop wasting our tax dollars in losing strategies and focus on making our country better. Take the ACA for example, I think the recommended income verification is an excellent idea to minimize fraud! It is that type of stuff the GOP needs to do to strengthen their brand and get credibility that they actually know how to govern.
    So Ted Cruz…yeah you got a load of money from supporters for the next election, but in the end, you are still nothing but a modern day Jim Jones. Keep given out your Kool-Aid and green eggs and ham to your supporters, your brand of leadership is design to peak and come to a crashing end...ask Sarah Palin. Although she may be financially better off than when she was governor, the fact that see let the world see how ignorant she really is….man, I do feel sorry for her and her family.

October 17, 2013 at 10:47 pm | Reply
  3. mikewj

This is the republican party that New has wrought, and now he's sad? And Newt has the nerve to accuse the President of vilifying opponents? Newt's whole political career has been predicated on the vilification of the poor, of minorities, of anyone who hasn't adopted his foolishness. He should be sad for the monsters he's help to create.

October 17, 2013 at 9:36 am | Reply
  4. simplyput

Newt Gingrich is the only person on XFire that gives even a semblence of anything not kool-aid. If you can't handle it, please turn to MSNBC. For the adults in the room, and people with non-indoctrinated minds, there is always something to learn. Lose the Speaker, and all that's left is bias.

October 17, 2013 at 12:58 am | Reply
  5. John

Yes, a sad day indeed as a substantial number of House Republicans show they would rather wreck the country than work across the aisle.

October 16, 2013 at 11:32 pm | Reply
  6. Helena Dunn

I just started watching Crossfire and I've decided I'm not going to continue. I think the hosts are good, but most of the guests seem to think we American voters are stupid. They act like because the say something that we'll believe it without question even if it's an outrage lie. The hosts seem to try and keep them on track, but they still rely on finger-pointing, name calling, and rhetoric (both parties). What a waste of time!

October 16, 2013 at 6:55 pm | Reply
  7. Kojo

I would really like to know HOW it is the President who is doing ALL the vilifying as if he is the one who came to work one day last week or so and said "I'm not doing the people's business anymore until these so and so republicans stop being so agreeable about everything and start insisting on abolishing the Affordable Care Act. OOPS! I mean 'OBAMACARE'. Wow, I almost forgot to vilify myself with the name of my own law." The republicans aren't the ones trying to make Obama the evil in this little play of their's, huh? Sure about that Grinchy?

October 16, 2013 at 5:53 pm | Reply
  8. Kojo

I would really like to know HOW it is the President who is doing ALL the vilifying as if he is the one who came to work one day last eek or so and said "I'm not doing the people's business anymore until these so and so republicans stop being so agreeable about everything and start insisting on abolishing the Affordable Care Act. OOPS! I mean 'OBAMACARE'. Wow, I almost forgot to vilify myself with my own law." The republicans aren't the ones trying to make Obama the evil in this little play of there's, huh? Sure about that Grinchy?

October 16, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Reply
  9. Paula

Mr. Speaker you are right it is sad. It is sad that this is all about debt and the GOP just cost us billions of dollars and the economy in the fourth quarter will slow down, Drop the stubbornness and legistate. When the democrats have a bill they need to go through the process and this is how it should be. Legislate!! The GOP doesn't know how to win elections because it fails to identify with the every day American. Stop with the BS and move on!!

October 16, 2013 at 5:18 pm | Reply
  10. Sandra K

I think Newt belongs on Fox...not CNN. Please spare your viewers!!!

October 16, 2013 at 4:45 pm | Reply
    • Kojo

AAAAAA-GREED!

October 16, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Reply
    • T. Vazquez

I agree

October 16, 2013 at 7:40 pm | Reply
    • Peppe

Yes, it must be painful for lefties to hear Gingrich reveal the truth about government.

October 16, 2013 at 11:23 pm | Reply
  11. Sandra Kaye

Regarding CNN: Sadly I change to another station when Newt comes on. I just can't take his know-it-all, authoritative tone. Can't deal with it. Yuck. And as far this country is concerned, I feel that we are becoming a laughing stock internationally.

October 16, 2013 at 4:38 pm | Reply
    • Kojo

Once again, AAAAAAA-Greed!

October 16, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Reply
  12. jennifer Geddie

Cruz and Gingrich are both ego driven opportunists in search of a stage on which they can garner attention or status. They are not motivated for the common good of citizens .

October 16, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Reply
  13. Clarke

I am ashamed of our lawmakers, because this should of never happened in the first place. TheGOP needs real leadership! For me, I switched to independent. These lawmakers used to have honor, standards and principles. They sell them selves to the highest bidder. Just plain shameful!

October 16, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Reply
  14. Sandra

Newt Gingrich is an older and more disgusting version of Ted Cruz.
    I can't help but feel sick and change channels whenever he starts talking. His motivation clearly resides somewhere else rather than the interest of the American people; what is good for the country seems to be the last thing in his mind.

October 16, 2013 at 3:57 pm | Reply
  15. BLKvotingAmerican

Agree it's a very very SAD day, becuase once again repuks in Congress have shown the American people that they do NOT work on behalf of the American people in Congress and no one is SCREAMING redrum. How much more BS should the American people take from repuks in Congress? How much? WHY have none of these yoyo's in Congress had their paychecks on hold for say 40+ years?

October 16, 2013 at 3:34 pm | Reply
  16. Vox populi

Yes, it is a very sad day. Newt Gingrich, the non-essential gas bag, is still spewing garbage at the American people.

October 16, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Reply
  17. Andrea Schaerf

I am most proud of our President for his leadership in taking the demands and threats out of what is a very serious decision. the debt ceiling. It is a very complicated issue, the debt and not as easy to solve as closing a credit credit card. I am pleased Senators Ried and McConnell were strong enough in their ability to govern that they worked together to help with a bipartisan solution. The months until the budget is expected to be finished in my opinion are plenty long for negotiation and compromise so dire threats and damage to our country and the world are not made. I would like to see the debt ceiling become automatic as no budget issues can impact it when due. Then the focus can where it rightly goes-the budget and deficit. Our currency, credit, investments by other countries and mostly by Americans are important as are the factors that help all Americareach their individual potential and contribute the maximum they can to our country

October 16, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Reply
  18. Scott Stodden

The United States Congress Under The Leadership Of Speaker John Boehner Is A Disgrace To The American People By Taking Down Our Country The Way They Are Doing... Everyone In Washington Should Be Ashamed Of What Their Doing...

October 16, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Reply