Crossfire | Weeknights @ 6:30 pm ET on CNN

Join the debate

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Jump in the Crossfire by using #Crossfire
on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

September 19th, 2013

Rangel & Bachmann fired up over Obamacare

In a heated debate, Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) and Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) discuss repealing Obamacare.

Bachmann: Obama used to being George III
Rep. Charles Rangel and Rep. Michele Bachmann discuss President Obama's role in the fiscal negotiations.

Read the live blog at crossfirelive.cnn.com and see the results of the viewer vote.

Posted by
Filed under: Charles Rangel • Debates • Health care • Michele Bachmann • S.E. Cupp • Van Jones
  1. Norma Vessels

( Michelle Bachmann and Mr. Rangel) Well, that segment was a complete waste of time. Does she really think we want to listen to her go on and on?

September 25, 2013 at 9:51 am | Reply
    • george mcbride

I agree, I have a problem with anyone who talks so much about nothing and refuels to alloy anyone else to get a point in. It has been my believe that if a person talks to the point that they don't alloy anyone else to speak is because they're lying. I know that the Affordable care act is not the best it can be right now, but it can be if they stop playing politics.

September 29, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Reply
    • Rob

You're talking about Charlie Rangel, right?

October 7, 2013 at 8:09 pm | Reply
  2. Leftcoastrocky

Bachmann actually does not know anything about anything. Kind of sad.

September 24, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Reply
    • Jeff

Funny you would say that. Tell me what part of what she said do you think is not true.

September 24, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Reply
  3. Ron

Michelle is hated and attacked mercilessly by the left because she tirelessly fights to expose their efforts to grow government. Too few people appreciate her efforts and those that attack her seem to do so with ignorant, petty and weak accusations.

September 23, 2013 at 12:22 pm | Reply
    • Mike

You actually still believe the GOP line for smaller gov't? That was so 30 years ago. Time to start looking at the facts again bub.

October 5, 2013 at 11:45 am | Reply
  4. California

Rep. Charles Rangel is a joke at best.

September 23, 2013 at 1:27 am | Reply
  5. Aston

Congress woman Bachmann should be mindful of the show's title ' Crossfire'
    You load, fire and reload.
    Now again you 'zip' it and let the other side get a word in

September 21, 2013 at 8:01 am | Reply
  6. Gary Spaid

Blame the GOP...heck I give them credit for having the backbone to say NO to more bloated government. Why does the federal gov't. think it's entitled to just keep spending and spending and getting deeper and deeper in debt...that's the real entitlement issue. A month or so of government not increasing our debt would be nice, not a crisis.

September 20, 2013 at 7:17 pm | Reply
  7. Marjorie Civil

i am 47 years old with a Bachelor degree in Nursing. I have a pre-esxisting condition and disabled; unable to care for myself and cannot afford a $795. premium every month. My only hope was Obama care, now I can't even get a private insurance to accept me. Defund Obama care why because you are against him think of others. Do not think of it as Obama care think of it as AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE.

Marjorie Civil

September 20, 2013 at 7:14 pm | Reply
    • Rob

One little problem. It's still NOT AFFORDABLE!!!!!!

October 7, 2013 at 8:11 pm | Reply
  8. scubagolfjim

Last night's headline (approximate): Bachmann Says Obama Like Tyrant

My Response: Bachmannn is as stupid as... Damn! It's going to take a while to think of someone as imbecilicly dumb as Bachmann. Except, of course, for the people that actually voted for her.

Mine was "awaiting moderation" and didn't make it. But did I call anyone a "scumbag?" No.

September 20, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Reply
    • Rob

Oh, I can think of LOTS of people more stupid than her... they are called Obama voters.

October 7, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Reply
  9. Jeremy's

What a waste of time! Does Bachmann ever shut up? It's TV, so I had to put up with her simpering, smirking face but she also prevented me from hearing anything but her incessant yakking. How rude! Get control hosts!

September 20, 2013 at 12:45 pm | Reply
    • Rob

What a waste of time. Does Charlie Rangel EVER shut up?!

October 7, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Reply
  10. Vince

I would pay big money to sit in an auditorium and have Bachmann and Palin talk. They don't have to have anything prepared. Just come and talk about anything. The entertainment value of that would be huge.

September 20, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Reply
    • Rob

You are right. They are definitely up on the issues and right on target in their views. It would be a very educational night. I wish the rest of America would listen to them. Maybe we wouldn't have such a failure in the White House.

October 7, 2013 at 8:14 pm | Reply
  11. P. Victorson

I look forward to watching Crossfire, however, last night Michelle Bachmann screeched so much I had to change the channel. She was rude and unrelenting; did not come up for a breath, did not allow Mr. Rangel to respond or get a word in. S.E. Cupp said that she won but if that's is the tactic for winning then all you need to do is scream, non-stop. Seriously, is that the most appropriate representative of the Republican point of view? I hope not.

September 20, 2013 at 10:42 am | Reply
    • Rob

You're kidding, right. Charlie Rangel has GOT to be the rudest most inconsiderate politician out there. The man is insane.

October 7, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Reply
  12. Fred Lockley

You have the nerve to call this regurgitated program Crossfire!! Today you had Rangel and Bachmann on. Your hosts couldn't keep control of the guests. Bachmann was filerbusting and as usual let her alligator mouth overload her hummingbird ass. I'd like to get some out of your program from both sides. Got nothing today. What a waste. As for Cutter, she's just plain stupid.

September 20, 2013 at 10:02 am | Reply
  13. postman11

thank you michelle,but why would you even stoop to been seen with this scumbag rangle

September 20, 2013 at 9:00 am | Reply
  14. Helen Troiani

Why does CNN allow all these atrocious people to be on their shows when they do not allow people to finish what they are saying.They just keep on shouting which makes me change to another channel.

September 19, 2013 at 11:03 pm | Reply
  15. Kevin Kennedy

I watch Fox for most of my politically centered programming, however I am an avid crossfire viewer.
    Crossfire is an excellent program and I enjoy viewing the the debate format.

Great program!!!

September 19, 2013 at 10:28 pm | Reply
  16. max arrington

Michelle Bachmann, the point of the show is to debate specific issues. If you can't debate it? Shut up! The point is not to talk over everyone, but to hear all perspectives of an issue and arguing your side. Switching topics frequently does not make you look smart...

September 19, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Reply